My husband and I spent one night (midweek, 9/5/12) at Safari West to celebrate our 29th Wedding Anniversary. We arrived at 3pm to check into our cabin. The sleeping area was decorated nicely and the bed was firm, but comfortable with plenty of blankets, including an electric blanket. The canvas walls were thick and sturdy with windows so you could see outside. A floor heater was available, if needed. The bathroom area, separated from the bedroom via a door, had a net/screen-type of ceiling with canvas over the top, so the outside air moved about freely. It was a bit cool, but we got used to it. We did not purchase the BBQ dinner (which looked delicious), but brought dinner with us. We had plenty of time to kill before bedtime - exploring the grounds and seeing the animals in the caged areas. Plenty of animal noises throughout the night, which added to the stay. We saved the Safari Jeep Tour until the next morning. Great tour guide (I believe his name was Travis), saw quite a few animals from Africa and other places and met some nice people. It was a bumpy ride, but fun nonetheless. Continental breakfast included in the morning. A bit on the pricey side, but for the unique experience and special occasion, it was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to Africa by way of Sonoma County…Come discover the Sonoma Serengeti.The classic African safari is a trip of a lifetime for intrepid travelers from around the globe - and, it is closer than you think!. Families who are curious and wild at heart can get close to nature...very close! Marvel under the gaze of a graceful giraffe or explore the Sonoma Serengeti alongside romping rhinos. Our guests enjoy enlightening African wildlife safari drives, and “glamping” tent cabin accommodations. The sounds of Africa will echo in your dreams. Stay one night in a luxury safari tent located on Giraffe Alley, meet some giraffes and go on Safari! Is Safari West Family Friendly?The entire Safari West experience is a kid-friendly adventure for families to enjoy together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Safari West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari West Hotel Santa Rosa
- Safari West Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County