“good lunch”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Checker's
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This place has been here forever. I went because I wanted lunch, but not MExican or anything with fries. The surrounding restaurants all good, but not what I wanted. I sat out on the patio and had a drelicious prawn and arugula salad. Not too much flavor, but it was just what I needed. The foccacia served is very good, and I'm not a bread person. The wine list looks good, and the menu has several items I'd order. Service was great.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We were invited for an evening out with family visiting from Texas. There were 8 of us, and we had reservations. A nice table was set and we were set for a family evening. Our salads were very good, I shouldhave made a meal of it. My Lamb shank was a disappointment. I was looking forward to more flavor. My husbands Salmon was just ok. Some of us had pasta and they were fine. The service left much to be desired. It took 30 min to get our bottle of wine to us. The woman seeming to manage the place was delightful. She was not our server, but payed special attention to our 10 yr old grandson. He loved the attention, (he was on his good restaurant behavior).

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Our friends who live in Sea Ranch suggested to meet here when we were in the area visiting staying in Napa. Good half way point. What a great place. Simple, clean, good healthy food. For lunch I had the salmon served on a bed of chard, and my husband had shrimp with pasta. Good quality ingredients. Our friends had a salad and the other a sandwich. Convenient street parking, and paid parking behind the restaurant. Service was efficient and unobtrusive.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a reliable choice for downtown Santa Rosa business clientele. They have an excellent Sonoma Salad with apples, gorgonzola, raisins or cranberries and poppyseed dressing which is always good. You can also add smoked salmon to it. Another good choice if you are splurging is the amazing butternut squash raviolis. I have eaten here so many times I usually decide what I will have before I go. The service is friendly but not obtrusive; the location is great for a stroll around Fourth Street shops or a walk to the Downtown Plaza Mall. They offer wine and beer only, no drinks. I would like it better if they offered a special selection so a person might try something new on occasion.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

My wife and I eat here often; we're big fans of their salads and foccacia bread. In downtown Santa Rosa it's hard to find a better place to eat for the price. Checkers and their team do all the basics -- food, service, price -- really well.