“It was special and made our 35th wedding anniversary so special with their little special touches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vintners Inn

Vintners Inn
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We highly recommend dinner, breakfast and everything about this place. The bed was so comfortable, the soaking tub and balcony were unexpected and appreciated. The wine and truffles were provided to make our anniversary special, and it was.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

My boyfriend found a special for the Vintner's Inn on Travelzoo and we used the opportunity to take a weekend trip to wine country. I have been to Napa and Sonoma five times previously, but the was my boyfriend's first time in the area. We truly had a wonderful time. Our room was on the second floor of the third building. We had a fireplace, which I highly recommend requesting. There was coffee and tea service downstairs every morning. A complimentary 1/2 bottle of fume blanc was waiting in our room when we arrived. The room also had a lovely balcony. The bed was very comfortable, but perhaps a little too soft for more than a two night stay (there is a down pillow top that may be removed, which would probably help). The staff was extremely pleasant. We had dinner at John Ash on Saturday, and the food and service were top notch! The workout room was a bit sparse, but there is a lovely jogging trail on the property if one wants to work off the extra calories from all of the wine tasting! We highly recommend both the inn and restaurant for a romantic weekend vacation.

Room Tip: Second floor with fireplace
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thank you, you covered all the highlights and some questions that guests have. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, hope you'll come visit us again. Sue
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

This property often offers special bundles on TravelZoo that include items like wine tasting and vineyard tours, as well as a dining credit. The value for this bundle seemed too good to pass on, and I'm glad that we bought this.
My husband and I had a great weekend road trip to this property, stopping by the Inn first to get our tour and tasting vouchers for Rodney Strong and Medlock Ames before checking in. The tours were great for both first-time wine country visitors (Rodney Ames) and the more seasoned (Medlock Ames). There were also tasting passes to Ferrari Carrano, but we did not have time to stop by.
Our room also included a 375mL bottle of Fume Blanc from Ferrari Carrano, which was a nice touch and an easy drinking white wine. Morning coffee service was featured in each building, including Tazo teas.
What really surprised me was the quality of the on-site dining for both breakfast and dinner, both of which included vouchers for this deal. The food and service were high-end, classic, California cuisine made with quality ingredients and skill. Many of the locals also told us that they love the John Ash restaurant, especially for happy hour.
The real test of a good property is whether you would like to return, and for Vintners Inn I can positively say that I look forward to visiting again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank trippinboo
Worcester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was our third stop on our road trip up the coast this past fall. We made our way from San Francisco and Napa Valley, heading into Sonoma Country. What can I say about this Inn except to Expect nothing less than Romance, Romance, Romance!!! Absolutely beautiful grounds, they have their own vineyard to walk through and the John Ash & Co Restaurant which is on the grounds, is amazing. The front staff was very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area. Our room had a door that opened to a little patio with sitting area. There are lots of vineyards around such as the Kendall Jackson Vineyard and it is close to downtown Santa Rosa with more shopping options and restaurants. My fiancee and I loved it so much that he promised to take me back for our wedding anniversary. I fell in love with this Inn and so will you! It is a little more expensive from other lodging options, but you get quality. If you go, make sure you walk around the entire property, the view is just beautiful and reminds you of Little Tuscany. Another tip, if you can go, go off-season like we did in November and you won't be stressing from the hot summer days and nights, and the vineyards will be less crowded.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room since the grounds are so beautiful, but perhaps facing the vi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Suntraveler1977
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your return. You did pick a perfect time to be here and the weather cooperated. April and May are also great and not as busy. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, maybe we'll see you in a year or two! Sue
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I took my widowed mother to lunch here. It was a very fine experience. We sat outdoors on a beautiful day with fabulous views. Our meals were excellent. At the time Chef John Ash was overseeing all things of this establishment he started. I took a class once upon a time from him at the local Junior College. The man is a fantastic chef, innovator, teacher and proprietor. The last time I attended this lovely establishment was for a charity fundraiser which was an excellent event.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

I had booked and later cancelled a reservation at Booking.com, but I was charged for the stay on my credit card, as if I had been a no-show. I called and faxed my cancellation notice to Mike at Vintners, and he promptly emailed me with his apology for the oversight and took care of the situation immediately. That is what separates a 1st class business from the rest. I appreciate his timely response and wish all businesses were as responsible. I will definitely book with them again when I reschedule my trip next year.

Thanks, Mike for your professionalism.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you so much for letting me know that Mike took care of this oversight. We hate getting off to a bad start with our guests or future guests. I'm sorry that we made this mistake but very glad to hear that it was taken care of so promptly. We look forward to seeing you when your travel plans include Sonoma Wine Country. Sue
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Set amongst beautiful scenery, this place is gorgeous. Lovely and spacious rooms with a half bottle of wine in the room on entry. The on site restaurant, John Ash, is also great - really delicious food so worth a visit. Breakfast is ok, nothing that special and there is a free tea & coffee stand in each of the buildings. Overall, worth staying for a view days and using it as a base for the wineries. Sonoma is also a better base than napa which is much more commercial.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Louisa W
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the beauty of Sonoma County. I know you traveled a long way to visit and hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again and continue to explore Sonoma Wine Country. Thank you. Sue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa
Hotel La Rose
#6 of 25 in Santa Rosa
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!