“Avoid the Napa crush”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Los Angeles
“Avoid the Napa crush”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great little resort hotel away from the touristy Napa scene.Big comfortable rooms, excellent beds and good amenities. The only thing missing was a pool (it was very hot when we stayed) and there's space near the hot tub for one.,,so maybe in the future.Above all, we enjoyed the friendliness and generosity of the staff. Every morning at breakfast they brought us complimentary fresh scones with home made preserves, and in the evening the waitress ensured we didn't run out of bread with our charcuterie. Nice. Other places seem to want to squeeze you for every dollar.Highly recommended.

SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you. We hope you'll come visit us again and continue to enjoy our beautiful Sonoma Wine Country. Sue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Helena, Alabama
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Loved this little resort hotel! Right next to the interstate -great for quick exit back to San Francisco. Little bit of drive to the wineries. Cozy large rooms! Fireplaces, high ceilings, balconies. Love the jogging path through the vineyards-take a friend w you if u go early am. Breakfast in the hotel was delicious! Loved the bar at the John ash restaurant next door-get the perfect pair cocktail for sure. Cookie delivery at turn down service-awesome! Seriously wonderful retreat. Could have stayed for a week. We did a 2 night travelzoo deal-perfect. We were rested for another few days in San Fran after this.

• Stayed July 2012
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Caveat emptor. When you agree to the terms and conditions on the website, the hotel explicitly states that the price of the room can change from when you book to when you arrive. What kind of policy is that, besides a policy of greed? It is completely counter to the experiences I have had at every other hotel where I have stayed around the world (well, apart from resort fees). To be specific, the rate for my room was $415 on the day I made the reservation. When I checked out, I was charged $435. Curiously, the difference is exactly the $20 they would have charged for cancelling a reservation - what a surprise!

It is a lovely property with gorgeous rooms set in the middle of a picturesque vineyard. The food and service were excellent, but this obnoxious reservation policy is foolish, petty and idiotic. It takes away from the classiness of the place and makes it a place I would never recommend despite its other charms.

Room Tip: A vineyard view would be preferable and quieter than the courtyard view. Second floor rooms have hi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Travel_Dude1
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Inn. I would like to follow up on your comments but I don't know your name or when you stayed. If you're willing to email me directly I can look into your comments. We're not in the habit of changing rates once you've booked so I'm curious what happened. You can contact me at sburnet@vintnersinn.com I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I loved this place. My bf and I stayed for 4 nights. Our room was very big and able to handle our suitcases and all of our souvenirs from an extended stay in Arizona without anyone tripping over anything. The king sized bed and pillows were very comfortable. We had a small outdoor patio adjacent to the vineyard which allowed us to sit outside in our hotel supplied bathrobes (soft and thick) to listen to the quiet (we're bona fide city folks) and talk.

The full sized fireplace in our room was used each night and added cozy ambient light. The bathroom was also spacious and clean with separate shower space and whirlpool tub. I liked the upholstered stool in the bathroom that allowed me to set my things down or sit down on a chair as opposed to a closed toilet seat (as is the usual). Towels were plentiful, always a sign that customer comfort is paramount. I hate it when I only get one towel set (it's stingy).

Being close to a power station didn't bother me at all and it actually helped us as a visual landmark when returning late at night. Neither one of us returned to our home town glowing in the dark. Also, I was never disturbed by any highway traffic noise as it didn't exist.

Concierge was very helpful and friendly. This is a wonderful oasis. Unpretentious and welcoming. I'd come back to this gem in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Our room was near the back of the property, away from the restaurant and lobby. I think this cuts d...
1 Thank GSharpMajor
Rochester MN
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last night, the decor was very elegant and romantic. We decided to order room service and the food was phenomal! I would definetly rate the food a 5 star plus!!!! The entire staff was very friendly. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here on the recommendation of a travel agent. Wow, what a nice place to discover. The service was perfect. Non obtrusive and efficient. Close to the highway? Yes, but we never noticed it while we were there. Close to a power sub station? I guess, but once on the property, you can't see it, so who cares?
Highly recommend!

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Sue B, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for all your kind words. I've shared your comments with the front desk, the breakfast crew and the restaurant. We hope you'll come visit us again and enjoy the pleasures of Vintners Inn and Sonoma Wine Country. Sue
New York
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Yes, I read another reviewer just wrote that when you check in as a couple they give you one key. That is true- so if that is not OK why don't you just ask for another? One key was fine for my husband and I, and I am a fussy New Yorker(had we found it inconvenient we would have just asked them for a second key). The room was large and clean, with a fireplace and lovely view of the courtyard and fountain. It has a quiet and romantic feel yet it was easy to drive to visit vinyards in nearby towns. I must say as we drove off the highway and there were powerlines and a power station on the corner we were skeptical turning into the driveway of this inn. However, the property is lovely. There are gardens, two fountains, and there is a working farm behind the inn with grapes, sheep and horses. The inn has a jogging trail for visitors to enjoy the farm. We had a delicious breakfast, with a very attentive waiter after a wonderful sleep in the most comfortable bed I had during my trip to the Sonoma area. My husband and I took a jog and enjoyed seeing the rows of grapes growing, as they are beginning to turn red.We were only disappointed in the fact that we could only stay one night and had to leave and find another local spot during our trip to Sonoma.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a second story room, the view is terrific.
Sue B, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you. April is usually a pretty good month for sunny warm weather, however, we can't predict it. At least the wineries were open and the wine superb - we'll be here for your next visit. Sue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa
Hotel La Rose
Hotel La Rose
#4 of 25 in Santa Rosa
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!