“Great beer with no frills”

HenHouse Brewing Company
Ranked #71 of 573 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Reviewed September 13, 2016

I’ve tried quite a few local breweries around the SF Bay Area and have definite opinions as to which ones I like. I was brought up in a traditional German household with a taste for good dark strong beers. Most of the new crop of breweries are now producing Hefewisen’s and IPA’s that are just too sweet or too bitter for my taste. Two good examples are The Third Street Ale Works and The Russian River Brewing Co. Don’t get me wrong, both have good selections of beers, but just not for me. My favorite place in the Santa Rosa area is The Henhouse Brewery. They have a good English bitter, a good Red ale and a great Oyster stout. If you want to give any brewery a chance, try their flight. It gives you a chance to taste their entire selection, without breaking the bank or being able to drive home. They also provide free popcorn and all the free advice you can handle. Great people, Great place.