“Our favorite restaurant in Santa Rosa, our home town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro 29

Bistro 29
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro 29 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 525 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riley Street
Transit: Downtown transit mall is three blocks away, taxis and pedi-cabs available.
Description: Bistro 29 located in downtown Santa Rosa, Sonoma County. Bistro 29 is a traditional bistro specializing in “Breton” regional cuisine. The number 29 comes from the department of Finistère (end of the earth) located in the upper tip of north-west France. Known for the Galette de blé noir (traditional buckwheat crêpe) and sweet crêpes, Bretagne also uses a variety of local seafood and produce that can easily be found in and around northern California.
Santa Rosa, California
“Our favorite restaurant in Santa Rosa, our home town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

Their ability to provide a consistent quality throughout time is commendable. The buckwheat crepes are an excellent choice when you are on a budget, and the three course special that changes weekly and is offered Tuesday through Thursday is always a good option. We love both the quality of the food: authentic country french style inspired by the northwest France cuisine, that is at the same time creative, made with tasty fresh ingredients, as well as the always excellent service. Congratulations, guys! We are glad you are here to stay!

1 Thank PhotoVisualArtist

California
“Just ok...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

Nothing we had here stood out. Nothing was bad, it just didn't leave us wanting to come back with so many other dining options in the area.

1 Thank Jlo536
Sunnyvale, California
“I enjoyed it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

I was going through santa rosa and stopped for dinner. The service was excellent, I was dressed less than appropriatly for a restaurant like this, but they were very gracious. Liked to food also, a variation on french onion soup and good quality beef dish.
I will defintly try this place again if I am around the area.

• Visited December 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

My husband and I had the most divine dinner of monk fish, French onion soup, escargot and a beet salad! I usually don't care for beets, but this time I loved them in the beautiful greens, nuts and wonderful cheese. The wait staff were friendly and attentive. We could not have had a more wonderful dinner. Thank you to owner and chef Brian Anderson for making it happen!
Judy from Santa Rosa

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Judith561
“3 Words: Daube of Beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

I go here at least twice per month for the Subject dish.. which is essentially like a beef short rib in a mouth-watering reduction sauce. I combine this with their bistro fries (sub'd for the mashed potatoes, which while excellent I can't bring myself to choose over the bistro fries or chick pea fries!!!) and I literally have the perfect meal experience. Very friendly wait staff and owner, and wine list is better than most restaurants in Santa Rosa. Highly, highly recommended!

Visited October 2011