“Authentic, great food”

Abyssinia
Ranked #91 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Dishes have been consistently tasty every time I go. They recently redecorated and the improvements look good. Staff has always been friendly. Because of the layout, they can't seat very many medium to large groups (more than 2) at once. That's literally the only real drawback I can think of. I hope they do well enough to expand!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The food here is absolutely excellent and is actually as good as, if not better than the Ethiopian restaurants I've tried in New York and San Francisco. We go to this place all the time. Try the vegetarian platter...it's our favorite! The meat dishes are also excellent if you like rich, meaty dishes.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Still AMAZING as always!!! Great flavors, quick service and food. Very friendly. We especially love the vegetarian combo and beef sambusa. Simply amazing treat for Sonoma County. A must experience! I'm so addicted that I have to go there at least monthly:)

Reviewed July 31, 2008

I recently had lunch at this new ethiopian restaurant. While the waiter was decent and the place clean the demeanor of the owner was that of someone who looks down her nose at her own custemors. We ordered and when the order came out a little different then we thought the owner peaked around the curtain and looked at us like we were lepers then proceeded to yell at the staff in her language. Not very appealing for a nice friendly meal- but the food was good except for a little grisel in one of the dishes- I might go back if the owner stays behind those curtains.

1  Thank eattoliveSantaRosa
Reviewed July 15, 2008

This is a a small pleasant restaurant east of downtown Santa Rosa which opened recently. Having previously enjoyed good Korean food in this spot and never having eaten Ethiopian-Eritrean cuisine, we gave it a try. We were absolutely smitten by the service, the delicious food, and the wonderful new (for us) experience of eating from the large platter of scrumptious dishes using pieces of injera bread. We'll be back.

1  Thank BurnsWest