“incredibly improved !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stark's Steakhouse

Stark's Steakhouse
Ranked #8 of 525 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seventh Street
santa rosa,ca
“incredibly improved !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I remember writing a negative review on my first visit to starks and I stand by it. But that was THEN! This is NOW and boy were we impressed! Service was knowledgeable and attentive. Our seafood entrees (I had the tuna my wife had the sole) were fresh and cooked to perfection. Portions are generous. Prices are a bit hefty but NOT when you consider that there is NO corkeage charge on the first 2 bottles of wine. That is a real plus for us.
Stark's specializes in steaks which are apparently (we dont eat beef) outstanding. since I no nothing about that I will shut up. Amazing atmosphere great food free corkeage and incidentally the most unbelievable happy hour in the county. starks rocks! Check it out!!

• Visited April 2013

Avondale, Arizona
“Good Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stark's Steakhouse was on a recommended list of restaurants to try while in the area. We had a very good meal and my husband and I are very picky when it comes to steakhouses. We live in Arizona and have an excellent steak restaurant near our home, so we are spoiled. The service was very good and the waitress was very helpful since we had never dined at the establishment. Her recommendations on the steak were good and it was cooked to my specifications. I had a wedge salad to start off the meal and the salad dressing was homemade, excellent! We were teetotalers that evening since we had imbibed in the wineries earlier in the day, so we just ordered iced teas, but it was fresh brewed and came with a simple syrup for sweetner, which I thought was a fabulous idea, it dissolves instantly and the flavor outstanding. Overall food and service was good!

• Visited February 2013
“High End Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a quality steakhouse with great atmosphere, Stark's is a solid choice for Santa Rosa. Good for important business lunches and dinners (although it can get a bit noisy at peak times) or special events with family. I live in town and always consider this to be the place for a great steak.

Seattle, Washington
“Outstanding-”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stark's was highly recomended by some friends who live in Santa Rosa.
It was outstanding! The food and atmosphere was the best.
We will return on our next visit to Santa Rosa.

• Visited September 2012
San Jose, California
“Higher-end dining in Santa Rosa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I must say that Stark’s lived up to its billing. The food was incredible! We had three different kinds of raw oysters, as well as crispy calamari for appetizers. (They do their calamari a little differently with an orange/chili sauce. It was an instant hit!) We had a few of their cocktails, which were all very good and unique. (When we asked for a Fuzzy Navel, the waiter had to check to see if they could make it, leading me to believe that most folks order strictly off of their Specialty/Vintage cocktail menu – or wine or beer.) Everything here is a la carte. The “sides” are served (small) family style, so you can mix-and-match in order to try a variety. We went for the broccoli and the mashed potatoes. Again, excellent. Two of us ordered filet mignon – one was USDA Prime, mine was Frontier natural grass fed. The USDA Prime was definitely more tender with less gristle. My daughter had the USDA Prime ribeye, my son ordered salmon and my mother ordered ahi tuna steak. We all sampled a little bit of everyone’s since no one had ever been to Stark’s before, and everyone enjoyed it all. Everything was tasty and cooked to perfection. To close out the evening, we all ordered a variety of desserts and I must say that mine was the best: Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Pudding. (Probably because it’s made with buttery croissants!)

Yes, it’s a little pricey, but Stark’s is perfect for a special occasion. To be honest, I cannot see going here more than once, maybe twice a year. Oh, the only negative of the entire evening was that my daughter did not get a refill on her soft drink until we were almost finished with dinner, and my mother never got a refill on her coffee (which is actually served in a three-cup French press.) Perhaps they feel that it won’t run dry or get cold? We’ll never know. The water flowed freely and often; however. This is why I could not give a five-star rating.