My family stayed at the HGI Sonoma County Airport the night of February 19. This property is fairly new, which led me to choose it for the stay over other properties in the area. The other big plus is that it has an indoor pool, which is truly appreciated during winter!
I was in Room 325, which faces the rear. A grove of (redwood?) trees screens the back of the HGI from any noise coming from Highway 101, and in addition, a vineyard behind the trees also serves as a buffer zone. There's not much of a view, as a result, but the noise reduction is a bigger amenity in my book.
The room itself is average sized, with two full beds, a desk, a "kitchen" area with microwave, coffeemaker, and refrigerator, 32-inch LCD TV, chair & ottoman, small end table, single closet, clock radio, shared nightstand, and two phones. The beds have adjustable firmness, but given that we only stayed one night, we weren't able to get it "dialed in" to an agreeable comfortable setting.
The bathroom is also average sized. It contained a single sink, a combo tub/shower, and a toilet (with a lid).
The lobby area is quite open and airy. There is a spacious sitting area with a fireplace and flatscreen TV to the right of the front desk. To the left is the HGI's restaurant. We booked the Bed & Breakfast package, which included breakfast for our family of four along with the accommodations. The added cost of the package is a very good value--only $20 over the cost of the room alone. In addition, the breakfast includes not only a standard buffet offering of eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cereal, bagels, fruits, and pastries, but also cook-to-order egg dishes, pancakes, waffles, and French toast. (The latter was especially good!)
The HGI's location is a bit off the beaten path. It is in the far northern reaches of Santa Rosa. While there are dining choices adjacent, anyone seeking more variety would be advised to venture to Downtown Santa Rosa (about 10-15 minutes drive away).
I did have some minor qualms about my stay. The grout on the bathtub wall tiles needed to be redone, and the frame in the bathroom's artwork was looking worn. I found these items somewhat surprising, given the property's relative newness. However, they weren't enough to register negatively in any huge way.
I do have one final story about my stay to relate. As my family was getting cleaned up and ready to turn in for the night, the fire alarm went off! We hurriedly put on our jackets and shoes--not bothering to change out of our PJs--and scooped up our valuables. By the time we reached downstairs, it turned out to be a false alarm, luckily, caused by excess humidity in the pool room. In fact, the assistant GM tucked a letter of apology along with our statement early next morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport hotel is just minutes from popular Sonoma County, CA businesses and world-renowned wineries. Enjoy complimentary airport shuttle service to and from the Charles Schulz Sonoma County Airport (STS). Our guests enjoy complimentary WiFi and microwaves/mini-refrigerators in every room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served daily in our on-site restaurant. Check out our on-site bar/lounge, indoor pool and whirlpool spa, fitness room, 24-hour business center, on-site 24-hour Pavilion Pantry, and meeting space options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport Hotel Santa Rosa
- California Hilton
- Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport Santa Rosa, CA