All reviews movie posters wonderful historic hotel ghost hunting modern facilities jetted tub romantic weekend two night stay min drive an older hotel bed was very comfortable the entire staff great place to stay late check wedding ventura haunted lobby
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed here while in town for a wedding. The building is charming but everything in it needs an upgrade. The rooms have the potential to be wonderful, but again tired and worn out. Any renovations that have been made are cheap and poorly done. The worst thing was that the entire place was DIRTY. the carpets looked like they were never vacuumed, and the sheets were stained. The paint on the doors was peeling and had grimy handprints everywhere. Major overuse of febreeze caused headaches for many people in the party (4 different rooms). Tubs were stained and chipped and the toilets did not flush. Service was tolerable. Coffee was inexcusable.

Date of stay: June 2011
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We Chose GLEN TAVERN INN for a location on a feature film shoot after searching for several weeks in Los Angeles and around Southern California. We were warmly welcomed by the staff. Monica, the Manager was particularly helpful in meeting our needs and providing a reasonable rate for booking entire floors.

Built in the early 1900's, the GLEN TAVERN INN is located in the beautiful, Victorian town of Santa Paula which was a popular filming location for dozens of Sci-Fi films of the 1950's among others. It looks like an all-American town, anywhere USA. The decor at GLEN TAVERN has been tastefully renovated to an Old World charm, with lots of Tiffany style art glass and dark wooden beams. Inside and and out the hotel is a filmmaker's dream. We not only filmed at the Glen Tavern, but the hotel also provided lodging for all of our Cast and Crew. It is amazing that the hotel is in such a pristine condition and reflects the owner's love of the hotel. I was lucky to have a beautiful room for my family with elegant canopy bed, flat screen TV, private bath, and a separate private room with a HUGE heart-shaped jacuzzi style tub off the bedroom (I'm coming back without the kids).

Our Director's suite was like a separate hotel itself, located on the third floor. Beautiful accommodations with a a bar so large that it could seat the entire crew! We took a break in filming to have dinner at ENZO's ITALIAN RESTAURANT which is off the hotel lobby. We were provided a large private dining room where a delicious dinner for our entire Cast and Crew was elegantly served with choices of pastas and salad. We also shot exteriors as well, and had no problems with the hotel guests, staff, or even the local Sheriff who was equally welcoming. There is also more than ample parking available for trucks, cars and equipment typical for a feature film shoot.

The staff was polite and helpful. They town is charming. I DEFINITELY plan to make GLEN TAVERN INN a "get-away" for pleasure and a quiet escape for screenwriting, and I will be back for filming if I need an elegant, charming Tudor style hotel.

Scott King, Producer
Dashing Rabbit Pictures, Beverly Hills, CA

Room tip: The Suites are amazing!
Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Scott K
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We LOVE this hotel! Intimate setting. Amazing rooms. The hospitality here literally left my fiance and I speechless! We live 15 minutes away and it is the perfect mini-vacation! If you are ever in Ventura County it is definitely worth the visit.

Date of stay: June 2011
1  Thank roxannealara
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I just returned from my 4th stay at the Glen Tavern Inn. As always, my husband and I had a wonderful stay. The staff was beyond amazing, paying attention to every detail to make our 5 day stay very special. We have traveled a great deal and have never seen such great customer service at any other hotel. Each time we visit, we stay in a different room... and each room, although very different from one another, has always been just perfect. If you're looking for a newly built hotel with modern decor and high tech gadgets, you may be disappointed. However, if you are looking for a truly unique experience where you can step back in time and relax and just enjoy being in the moment, you will absolutely love the Glen Tavern Inn. It's cozy and warm, elegant and charming. Enzo's restaurant at the Glen Tavern Inn was great, as always. I took part in a yoga class that was offered at the inn one morning... what a fun time! We both can't wait to return again to this cozy little paradise (Ventura County's best kept secret!!!). Just wish we didn't live 3000 miles away!

Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank greenmtmom
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I love this hotel - it's a landmark being 100 years old and there's a reason why film crews keep setting up shop here. Not long ago they were at the hotel while making "Water for Elephants" and you can see why! This place is wonderfully relaxing and beautifully kept for such an old building. Each time I've been I've seen some beautiful wedding parties and amazing food coming from Enzo's (the restaurant attached to the hotel). I read some of the negative reviews about the "design" and carpet, but those people were clearly expecting Embassy Suites or a brand new Marriott or something. This place has a gorgeous fireplace in the lobby, plenty of comfy sofas to meet fellow guests, impeccable customer service...so turn off the tv and enjoy it when you stay!

Room tip: They have pet friendly rooms!
Date of stay: April 2011