“Another Fantastic Stay at the Glen Tavern Inn!”
Review of Glen Tavern Inn

Glen Tavern Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Santa Paula
new england
“Another Fantastic Stay at the Glen Tavern Inn!”
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I just returned from my 4th stay at the Glen Tavern Inn. As always, my husband and I had a wonderful stay. The staff was beyond amazing, paying attention to every detail to make our 5 day stay very special. We have traveled a great deal and have never seen such great customer service at any other hotel. Each time we visit, we stay in a different room... and each room, although very different from one another, has always been just perfect. If you're looking for a newly built hotel with modern decor and high tech gadgets, you may be disappointed. However, if you are looking for a truly unique experience where you can step back in time and relax and just enjoy being in the moment, you will absolutely love the Glen Tavern Inn. It's cozy and warm, elegant and charming. Enzo's restaurant at the Glen Tavern Inn was great, as always. I took part in a yoga class that was offered at the inn one morning... what a fun time! We both can't wait to return again to this cozy little paradise (Ventura County's best kept secret!!!). Just wish we didn't live 3000 miles away!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank greenmtmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
los angeles
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I love this hotel - it's a landmark being 100 years old and there's a reason why film crews keep setting up shop here. Not long ago they were at the hotel while making "Water for Elephants" and you can see why! This place is wonderfully relaxing and beautifully kept for such an old building. Each time I've been I've seen some beautiful wedding parties and amazing food coming from Enzo's (the restaurant attached to the hotel). I read some of the negative reviews about the "design" and carpet, but those people were clearly expecting Embassy Suites or a brand new Marriott or something. This place has a gorgeous fireplace in the lobby, plenty of comfy sofas to meet fellow guests, impeccable customer service...so turn off the tv and enjoy it when you stay!

Room Tip: They have pet friendly rooms!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
norwalk ca
Reviewed April 25, 2011

wanted to stay somewhere that was not a chain hotel and lucked out, yes it is a old hotel , it is a historical landmark after all, no problems with cleanliness or smells like a few others mentioned, they even upgraded us to a bigger room at no charge. that made our day. food at resturant ( italian) was tops as well . wil come back but hate to tell friends as we want to keep the place to ourselves.

Room Tip: they did it for us without asking, so I guess ask
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We traveled to Santa Paula to visit relatives with our three month old baby. I was skeptical about staying here because I had heard it was haunted. We stayed 5 nights and were never scared or frightened. The hotel is very unique. It felt like I was a guest in someone's mansion. Our room had two beds with plenty of room for a baby crib. The bathroom was remodeled (new sink, new tile) but still had a clawfoot bathtub. The TV was brand new and our room had a huge walk in closet. There was a large desk in our room as well. I loved the huge old fashioned windows and crown molding on the baseboards/celling. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a huge beautiful old fashioned charm type of lobby. One night there was a wedding reception and it was beautiful. We didn't eat at the restaurant as we visited family during the day.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Goleta, California
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Some friends recently got married and had their wedding reception here and the hotel offered room rate deals to wedding guests. It is a fairly small hotel with a lot of character. All of the rooms were filled with friends and family of the Bride and Groom. The reception was held outside and it was wonderful. The music went on until Midnight and everyone had an amazing time. Some stayed up even later to just hangout and have fun. At the end it was so nice to be able to walk right upstairs and go to bed.

• Stayed October 2010
Russell
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Yup, Got A chance to stay here through no fault of myn own...I read all the reviews on this place and was apprehensive before I even got here...Really nice old quaint establishment that should be outlawed from charging people to stay here....Nice place to look at old things if that's what you're into, but, I 'm not when i need a place to bed down for the night (1) My bathroom had a whirlpool..Hmmm...not bad to start the night out with right?, wrong..I turned the thing on and black goop spewed out the plumbing that smelled as bad as it looked...2) The small refrig. in the room made several kinds of disturbing noises and after 2 hours of kicking it, i decided to just throw it out the room altogether...(3) Very noisy place at all hours of the night..Read the other reviews about this issue....(4) Remoldeling of the rooms consisted mainly of painting over everthing to make it look clean, which it's not..(5) The one thing I was most concerned about was the reviews of the beds in the rooms being horrible..Mine was actually the one bright spot of my stay..the bed was very comfortable and king sized....ALL IN ALL, A VERY NICE OLD BUILDING TO GAWK AT AND TAKE PICTURES, BUT FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SLEEP..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank bubbaboy123
Hawaii
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Extremely DISSATISFIED! Your ratings are so Wrong! SHOULD BE RATED A " 1 " !!!! Hotel had an old musky smell. Rugs very old, not cleaned, smelled. Dust & dirt on all the lamps, furniture etc... No extra plugs for you to charge your Cell phones or laptop! They had extensions running in & around the room to hook up lights etc... I had to remove the plugs for the lights to charge my phone/laptop?!?! Bathroom sink right outside with the beds, right next to the TV Armoire! Can't even stay by the sink when Armoire is Open! TV remote did not work! The front desk clerk came to fix problem & said I need to program the remote?!? How am I suppose to know how to do that? After he programmed it, it still did not work! Clerk booked us in a room with a shower head that is only about 5ft high! He clearly saw I was 6ft tall!! We found out the next day that they had other rooms with taller shower head! The front desk did not answer the phone until after 10x's of calling! You can't even open the door to get to the the shower when someone is using the toilet! The door is opens right next to the Toilet! The Safety lock feature on the door had one side taken off?! Incomplete! Parking in back does not have proper lighting & there were PROSTITUTES parading out back!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura
Clocktower Inn Hotel
Clocktower Inn Hotel
#19 of 23 in Ventura

Been to Glen Tavern Inn? Share your experiences!