“Delighted with Santa Paula Inn!”
Review of Santa Paula Inn

Santa Paula Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Santa Paula
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Having stayed at another popular inn in Santa Paula and being a bit disappointed, I asked a friend who has lived in Santa Paula for a recommendation, "Definitely try the Santa Paula Inn".

I called, after hours, left a message with my travel dates, and room preference. The very next day, I got a return message from owner, Donna. My reservation was secured (even without having gotten a credit card-- imagine that!) and my room was held. "Call back at your convenience."

I called back and was greeted like an old friend. Check in is at 3 pm, but after telling Donna that I would need to meet friends to set up my clock class shortly afterwards, she OFFERED to have my room ready at 2, so I wouldn't have to rush. (Wait a minute here- no one goes out of their way in this day and age!)

I arrived and was greeted by Christine who checked me in, and chatted with me warmly during the process. She got up, and stepped around the corner, "I'll show you to your room" She took me to Room 7, opened the door and stepped inside to show me around the room and ask if it was to my liking. (Seriously, I felt as if I was being welcomed into someone's home!) The room was charming and nicely decorated, with the charm of Grandma's house- no, not "Bed in a Bag" perfectly matched linens and towel sets- mismatched but even better, beautifully co-ordinated, with care and attention- just like at Grandma's.

I unpacked and wandered back out to the lobby where a few of my clock friends, also staying there were gathered, talking with other guests. While the Inn has no dining room, no coffee shop, no bar (thankfully!) its charm draws you to gather, be it in the lobby, or the back patio.

Without telling you all the details, I will also mention that in the evening, I had a work issue that might have caused me to leave, I ran into Christine. She invited me to share my issue and offered a kindness and solution that was heaven sent! She literally saved me hours of driving time! Angels show up when least expected! Thank you Christine!

I missed the Continental breakfast the next morning, as my event began very early, and I felt a bit sad that I missed it and missed saying goodbye.

The Santa Paula Inn, with it's charm and warm, caring staff is my first choice in this area, I will feel comfortable suggesting it to my friends and acquaintances and I will return each time I am staying in Santa Paula, which I hope will be often. It's a darling little city, with some excellent restaurants, and beautiful old homes.

The Inn, feels like a home away from home, with all the charm of Grandma's house. The other Inn might have a resident ghost, but this one has angels!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank nytewhisper

Reviewed July 18, 2010

My husband & I needed to beat the heat from the high desert this weekend & headed to Santa Barbara. With no reservations for Saturday night we quickly found that availability was not easily found on the coast, so, after searching some nearby towns for accommodations, we called the Santa Paula Inn where, thankfully, the B&B had 2 rooms left. The Inn keeper was very gracious & friendly. We were excited that we didn't have to cut our 'beat the heat weekend' short & make the dreaded drive back home. Upon arrival at the Inn, we were greeted by the very same woman who only an hour earlier, made our night! She was so helpful & informative as to what the historical downtown, all within walking distance, had to offer. When we entered the room, we found it very clean & cosy, with all the necessities & comforts of home. After enjoying a peaceful nights sleep in our beautiful room, we enjoyed having breakfast outside on the garden patio & nice conversations with a few of the other guests staying at the Inn. Our quaint getaway will not soon be forgotten & we look forward to making our new found treasure a part of our future journeys when heading to the Coast. A big thank you to our hosts at the Santa Paula Inn, we are grateful for your hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank roloinluv
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Santa Paula Inn on our wedding night. The owners Donna and Dave were amazing and so accommodating. My groomsmen and I were allowed an early check in to get ready. The rooms were spotless and the towels were soft and thick. Even though I live locally, I'd love to go back for a quiet date night out. I happily recommend this hotel to anybody traveling to the area.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aeortega
Reviewed June 20, 2010

This B&B is just off of Highway 126 and beats the congestion of Highway 101. Nice breakfast setting. Walking distance to historic downtown. Town offers different type of day outings. Close to Santa Barbara and Ventura beaches. Only 15 minutes away from Camarillo Outlets (perfect for the fashion-conscious teenagers in your group). 10 minutes from Ojai spas.
Vic

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Vicque
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The room was cute and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The location was great too, making it easy to walk to restaurants and downtown. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dalin30
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Don't listen to MszMaudie; the management was extremely friendly and accommodating, and you can't expect hotels to keep your items for WEEKS. Seriously, what do you think they have; a huge lost-items vault with stuff left over from forever ago? They probably thought you weren't coming back for it and gave it to good will.

As for mine and my lovely boyfriend's experience here, I have nothing but nice things to say. We drove up from Los Angeles on the 29th (Dec 09) for an impromptu night out together to get away from everything. We arrived at the Santa Paula Inn, after dinner, at just past 8pm, and parked in the private parking lot in the back. The sign on the office door said that the office closes at 8pm, but the door was open anyway, so we pressed the call button. Shortly thereafter a woman came out and engaged us in friendly conversation. We knew that we were pretty last minute, but they had three rooms available, and she showed us all three.
All three rooms were VERY clean and decorated well; not cluttered and overly kitschy like some b&bs can be, each with its own unique mood. Each room was a different size and had different sleeping accommodations; the first had a single queen sized bed, the second had a king size bed and a futon, and the third had two queens. Each room had a refrigerator, microwave, great old-fashioned style chairs, tub/shower, and cable TV, but none had clocks or phones - great for us, since we were looking for a getaway, but if that's a problem for you, you should take it into consideration (the woman did let us use the office phone). We chose the second, since it was the medium-sized room, and we liked the decor best. The room was decorated in tasteful feminine decor (not at all frilly); tasteful and attractive paintings were on the walls, a handsewn quilted wall hanging; the bed and the futon had floral quilts in different patterns of deep reds and pinks. There was an arts-and-crafts style drawer chest, as well as a huge, gorgeous wardrobe. On the floor was an area rug with a deep red and neutral Native American-esque design. Everything was mismatched but coordinated. Plenty of lighting in the room.

The bathroom was nice as well. Didn't pay attention, but I think it was a muted green or maybe aqua with chocolate brown accents. Towels and washcloths were all artfully displayed; the room was impeccably clean. The toilet had a seat "seal" on it that let you know that no one used it since it had been cleaned.

All of the appliances but the a/c (coffee maker, microwave, fridge, heater) were unplugged, which was nice and energy-conscious. We plugged in the fridge and turned it on and it kept our leftovers well-chilled. The heater in each room is a portable electric radiator, which is absolutely SILENT, and I mean SILENT. We weren't sure it was on until we checked to see if heat was coming from it! We set the TV to turn on the next morning around 9 (breakfast is from 7:30-10 am) and went to sleep.

The ONLY (ONLY!!) negative thing I have to say about our experience there was that around 6:30 in the morning we were awoken by the floor above us creaking; the people in the room directly above us were checking out early. I expect this wouldn't be a concern for most people, since early check-outs are probably rare, but if you're worried I recommend getting a room upstairs. Just something to keep in mind. =)

When we went to breakfast the next morning, we were the only people in the breakfast room (nice!). There was fruit, bagels, english muffins, muffins, cereal, coffee, tea, three kinds of juice, cookies available for us to choose from. REAL butter, jam, cream cheese, as well. The breakfast room has a nice view out to the back patio area, which is beautifully landscaped in native plants. After eating we went to the front room and were encouraged to explore the premises, so we went upstairs and discovered a lovely little balcony-deck area with a gorgeous view of the hills on either side of Santa Paula with pretty flowers and cacti in a pot arrangement on one side.

You should go!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank triptriptrips
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at this cute Inn. We loved everything about it. The wonderful management had everything ready for our late arrival. Our room was ready and warm. We slept well and were thankful the Inn was able to accomidate our baby. We had a delicious continental breakfast every morning with FRESH fruit. We enjoyed eating our breakfast on the patio, which is surrounded by a colorful garden and young trees. We truely felt like we were hidden away from the small town.
The location was exactly what we were looking for in our "vacation get away". It was fun to stroll down Main Street with our baby in his stroller. We were walking distance to the train. The train ride made for fantastic leisure afternoon activity. We loved the close distance to the beach, and the close distance to GREAT hiking!!! It was the perfect location to everything we wanted.
We have no complaints about our stay. Everything was fantastic, clean, and comfortable. The Inn keeper was friendly, kind and accomodating. I would definately reccommend this Inn to anyone and everyone. We look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
The Oaks at Ojai
The Oaks at Ojai
#3 of 5 in Ojai
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura

Been to Santa Paula Inn? Share your experiences!