“Our go-to place to stay when visiting family in SP”
Review of Santa Paula Inn

Santa Paula Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Santa Paula
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I always stay here when we come up to visit family in Santa Paula. Christine has been so nice and helpful to us throughout the past 2 years we've been visiting. We love staying here because it is clean, cozy, homey, the beds are SUPER comfortable, and the breakfast in the morning is great. We are moving out of state soon and will without a doubt continue to stay here when ever we come to Santa Paula!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I decided to stay here based on the reviews on this website, which sounded overwhelmingly positive. Unfortunately, I didn't find that to be the case.

It started with the check-in process. The woman who worked there, while very pleasant, was new I assume (if she wasn't new, she has no business in that job). She was totally confused about what the password was for wireless, and ended up giving me the wrong one. (I later went back downstairs to tell her the password wasn't working, but she was too busy chatting with some local priest about personal business and ignored me. A few minutes later, when someone else who worked there walked by, she said, "I think this guest needs help with his wireless." The other employee managed to help me.)

She also volunteered to give me suggestions about local restaurants, but these "suggestions" only involved handing me some brochure the town puts out about local restaurants, and then reading the brochure to me. (Um, hello?)

The room itself was old and needed quite a bit of help. While there was a kitchenette (microwave, rerfrigerator, sink), there were a bunch of empty cupboards too, which was kind of pointless. The window appeared to be the original one from a jillion years ago when the building was built; it wouldn't close fully and was the opposite of air-tight. The handle on the blinds (which appeared to be old as dirt...and dirty as dirt) would fall off every time I opened and closed them. The tile on the bathroom floor was partially broken off. The carpet was old and worn, and the floor tile was gray, but reeked of needing a good cleaning. I found hairs in the bathtub. The walls were the thinnest of any place I've ever stayed at. On the second night I heard the guest next door snoring, as well as the TV from someone's room.

On a positive note, the breakfast items put out each morning including cereal, juices, coffee, tea, fruit, and random bready (bagels, cake, bread) things, with a toaster available. It was really the best part of the place. The bed was pretty nice as well in terms of comfort. The manager introduced herself to me; she was very pleasant. The place is just old and needs major updating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gregs_out_West
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at the Santa Paula Inn and was pleased with the service. The Inn has quite interesting history and there are a variety of rooms to stay in. When I saw that my room was overlooking the car lot next door I was conderned at first however the room was quiet and a good value. Christine Burt checked me in and gave me options on my room.
There are a number of good cafe type restaurants just around the corner including an Irish Pub. The doors to the inn are locked at 8pm however you have the combo to get in from the convenient parking area. Give it a try, it is a nice departure from the standard commercial motels and hotels. And unlike many inns the bed was a very good sleep.

Room Tip: If possible look at different rooms to make your selection.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The staff at Santa Paula Inn was very friendly and accommodating. The great value B&B was a freshly restored building built in the early 20th century. Walking distance to shops and restaurants in downtown. Beds very comfortable. Only complaint were the thin older bathroom towels.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We recently booked up the Santa Paula Inn for a production shoot in Santa Paula. We put all of our talent and some of the crew up at the Inn, and it was by far the best hotel that we used in the area. The management, Christine and Donna, were incredibly warm, friendly, accommodating, and helpful. The rooms were clean, the showers were hot, and everyone felt taken care of. We'd definitely stay with them when shooting in the area again.

Thanks Donna and Christine!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My wife and I spent Thanksgiving night here, after a dinner with friends. The manager (I think her name was Christine) was wonderful and made us feel right at home. It's an old building, and had a lot of character.

Most of all, it satisfied my "big 3" hotel requirements- clean, quiet and comfortable. It passed with flying colors.

I will definitely return whenever I am in the area again.

Room Tip: The second floor might be preferable. However, we were on the first floor and it was fine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have stayed at Santa Paul Inn several times. It is in the heart of old Santa Paula and has a very colorful history. There have been times when my entire family, my husband and myself, my adult children and their families, brothers and sister-in-laws, nieces, nephews, and other family members have all stayed there at the same time for family funerals or a weddings. Going to Santa Paula Inn is like going home. We each have our own rooms for privacy and yet, there is a wonderful dining room down stairs and a lovely outdoor patio for gathering and for enjoying each other's company and the wonderful breakfast provided each day. Each room is decorated differently making it feel even more home-like. There are rooms that can accomodate people with special needs and almost as importantly, there are rooms that can accomodate those of us who don't go anywhere without our little canine family member. We love "coming home" to the Santa Paul Inn, where we are made to feel like family.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Camarillo Inn
#2 of 10 in Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura

Been to Santa Paula Inn? Share your experiences!