“Wonderful place for family!”
Review of Santa Paula Inn

Santa Paula Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Santa Paula
Santa Paula, California
“Wonderful place for family!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Had relatives in town for a short stay… Santa Paula Inn was a real pleasure from making reservations and special instructions for a late check-in to them making sure the lamp was on in the large, beautiful suite and the room heated for the late arrivals. I heard the Continental breakfast was perfect… a wonderful experience for my family members at a very, very reasonable price and they enjoyed quaint and quirky Santa Paula! Thank you!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Peggy K
happygolucky07, Manager at Santa Paula Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Thank you so much for the review. We work hard to make our guests comfortable
and relaxed, especially when they are arriving late in a town they are unfamiliar with.
We hope to be able to host your family again in the future. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 5, 2011

My son and I just returned from two days together at the B & B. We had a great time the room was really nice wood everywhere. Very clean and very helpful. I will be back....Victor

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 12345vic
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 17, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at many B&B's and this does not qualify! The Inn has the potential to be very cute but it needs a good cleaning and some redecorating. My first complaint was the breakfast....I have had nicer "continental" breakfasts. Coffee cake and cold cereal does not qualify for breakfast. Our room was not clean. The tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in quite some time. There was a non slip mat that was supposed to go in the tub but it was so moldy that I stuffed it behind the toilet just to get it out of the way. The sheets on our bed were so old they ripped when I touched them. We stayed for five days and our toilet paper was never replaced and when we ran out we had to go to the front desk to get more.
The management was definitely pleasant and the Inn was quiet. If they got a good cleaning crew in to clean the place and then better housekeepers to maintain it, this might be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Henry S
California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I checked in here after checking out of another hotel that was dark and dusty. This hotel (B&B) 14 rooms (I think) is very nice. The manager was so friendly and pleasant. I received a beautiful, bright and lovely room on the first floor with a microwave, coffee maker, refrigerator, and great towels in the bathroom plus other amenities. During my stay I saw two other rooms, and all of them were beautiful. There is a very nice continental breakfast each morning and a lovely patio and balcony to sit on. Our room, #6, was very quiet the first night, however, on Friday night there was a party in the full kitchen suite above us, and we could hear them walking and moving chairs. Hotel has private parking and it is within a few blocks of town. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank dolphingalsjc
Brea
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Corvette Super Sports brought 7 corvettes and 1 Chase car to the Santa Paula Inn as our headquarteres for a weekend of fun in the area including the Murder Mystery Train in Fillmore. The Inn was one of the best that we have ever stayed at. The staff and the owners are so cordial and so friendly that we cant wait to come back. The private off street parking is very important for us and the patio at night was a wonderful "after glow". Donna Stewart, the owner, had a welcome sign in the lobby just for us. We felt very special. Each room is unique in and of itself. The beds are soooo comfortable, and the decor is perfect. Next time we will al be arm wrestling for room 16 which is enormous - a perfect gathering room. Thanks to Donna and Christine for making our stay perfect.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank WhiteCorvette
California
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We stayed in room 17, and it was huge. The continental breakfast was good. Even the coffee. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 17 is huge.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Sarianna
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Last weekend 5 of us drove from Arizona to Santa Paula to for a long bike ride. Our focus was finding a hotel close to the start/finish. The Santa Paula Inn far exceeded our expectations and I am already looking for reasons to go back there. It is perfectly situated in this quiet little historic town and has great spaces with attention to detail and comfort. The service is well above the norm and reason enough to return. Oh, the bike ride was one of the best in my 30 years of riding. I definitely will be back and I will stay at the Santa Paula Inn.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
#1 of 23 in Ventura
La Quinta Inn Ventura
La Quinta Inn Ventura
#12 of 23 in Ventura

Been to Santa Paula Inn? Share your experiences!