“The closest thing to a Philadelphia "Philly" cheesesteak I've had in Ventura County.”

Santa Paula Steak and Hoagie
Ranked #9 of 49 Restaurants in Santa Paula
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Santa Paula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I have had Philly cheesesteaks here several times in the past year, sometimes eating at the restaurant and sometimes bringing the cheesesteaks home. We both would give the food a high grade. The meat has been excellent, the cheese is fully infused into the steak, and bun, peppers and onions were all good. To taste reminiscent of the cheesesteaks we had in Philadelphia that we have liked, we hold the marinara and add additional cheese. There are several options for ingredients available, all at a slightly different price.

I have also had the Hot Pastrami w/pickles, mustard and grilled onions. The pastrami itself was hot and excellent, but it had too much mustard for me. This is easily correctable. Their soup of the day has been reliably good, even if sometimes a little salty for my tastes. We will continue our frequent visits here.

• Visited November 2013