“A fun agricultural museum!!”

Museum of Ventura County - Agriculture Museum
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Santa Paula
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very well done. Easy to spend 2 hours looking at agricultural equipment, learning how agricultural practices have changed and learning about the history of the region. Perfect for couples and families.

1  Thank Adam H
There are newer reviews for Museum of Ventura County - Agriculture Museum

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This seems to be a newer museum in a great building (right by the train tracks), and there were marvelous well-documented displays as well as lot of things geared toward kids. We loved it!

3  Thank Lynne O
Reviewed October 4, 2012

worth stopping in to explore the past. I was surprised how really very nice it is. Has live bee hive display and cool ag. equipment. My kids liked it a lot. Makes a great day if you go here and Rabelais coffee/ bake shop in town.

3  Thank pat d
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Was passing Santa Paula on the 126 and decided to get off on 10th street to grab a bite to eat. After my lunch I decided to site see with my family. We explored Main St. and continued to walk up 10th. We saw the Oil and Art museum but my family were not really feeling it at the moment. We stopped at the historic train depot looked around and then right behind the depot was the Agriculture Museum. We asked "Whats that" and decided to go see for ourselves. The building is amazing... built in 1888 it underwent a huge restoration and is now a musum. The museum covers a wide arrary of topics talking about Ventura County's history. And what "Blew me Away" was how much interative exhibits were inside the museum. It is extremly kid friendly, and we enjoyed climbing on the tractor and buggy... oh and of course the live bee hive! I give the Ag Museum three tumbs up if I had an extra thumb. A Must See. Has a lot of history and fun.

3  Thank Mike S
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This museum captures the essence of agriculture from the 1800's to present day. This is a must for kids (and maybe adults)
who don't have a clue about the trials, tribulations and successes of farmers and their contribution to our society. This is presented in a fun way with lots of antique tractors, photographs, farm machinery. Two other museums are around the corner that show the origins of the oil industry in Ventura County (Union 76 Oil started here) and a wonderful art museum.

1  Thank mediumbodine