“I crave the fiery p-nut butter”

The Best of VC Marketplace
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Santa Paula
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit one of the most unique stores in Ventura County, and the only store to carry exclusively Ventura County products. The Best of VC Marketplace showcases more than 160 vendors and artists, with everything from gourmet foods, fine art to furniture. We also carry books by local authors, out-of-print historic books, goat milk soaps, soy candles, handbags, fine jewelry, fun jewelry, greeting cards and plenty of unique gift ideas.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our VC, Ventura County is a gem of coastal Central California: Pick up snacks and souvenirs at this store on Main Street. It offers a microcosm of all things produced here-RedHot Foods, local artists, lovely MidiQueen bags, Sunkist citrus candies-there is more and more. Calavo foods has great guacamole, the Lavender Ojai potions and lotions &more!

Talia W, Owner at The Best of VC Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Hello and thank you for the wonderful review! I just wanted to mention that The Best of VC Marketplace is on Railroad Ave. in the Agriculture Museum (aka the Mill), not on Main St., so other reviewers are not confused. We also do not carry the Calavo guacamole, but do carry a wonderful guacamole spice mix from the Avocado Diva. Thanks again, Talia.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stopped at this great shop on my way back from Ojai last month. Am I ever glad I did. I found the most creative items. The owner buys products from Ventura County artisans so you can find unique gifts made in the area. One great find was a Comfy Commuter travel pillow. Once I tried the demo, I was in love and the pillow really helped me sleep during my last trip to Prague. I also found the yummiest strawberry jam I have ever tasted! A fun place to visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

This unique shop has great items u won't find anywhere else! All made my local Californians. If you are a "foodie" - don't miss it! Amazing local jams, coffee, oils, & more. Plus it's right in a prime spot where you can walk to other local treasures of museums, restaurants & restored train station & Victorians.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The VC Marketplace is directly across from the Santa Paula Art Museum and the Oil Museum. It stocks an eclectic variety of locally made items including jewelry and unique handmade knives in addition to food products such as olive oils, preserves and lavender preparations from local farms. Limoneira products are also available. Limoneira, in Santa Paula,is one of the country's largest and best lemon growers and makes a variety of products including soaps and skin care specialities. There are also books on the locality and local art works and more. The Marketplace is owned and run by a charming and helpful woman. A thoroughly pleasant experience!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Best of V.C. Marketplace is amazing! It is so great to have an interesting little shop that carries so many different local items. If you're looking for gifts that are not your run of the mill, made in China garbage, then look no further. From artwork to foodstuffs, from jewelry to books it's easy to lose track of time exploring, finding the perfect gift and yet not lose your shirt over the prices. The owner is quirky and the mood of the store is inviting. I give this shop 2 thumbs up.