“Okay for fast food”

Garman's Restaurant and Irish Pub
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Santa Paula
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A place where family, friends, and strangers (soon to become friends) gather to enjoy incredible food, great drink, traditional entertainment and honest conversation. We have a passion for people!
Laguna Niguel, California
“Okay for fast food”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Food was okay, service was very friendly and fast. Beer was tasty and cold. It's one of the only restaurants that stays open a little later than the rest.

Visited November 2013
ClintGarman, Owner at Garman's Restaurant and Irish Pub, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Appreciate the review. We are always striving to do better and enjoy reading the comments that help us become even better!
Thanks,

Fillmore, California
“Reminds me of BJs”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

The scene is kind of rustic and the food is good. The building has open sides allowing for fresh air to fill the place late at night giving it a fun and friendly atmosphere. Like BJs it smells like beer and it gets pretty loud on Friday nights.

Visited March 2013
Thanks for the kind words! I am glad you enjoyed!
Slainte,
Ventura, California
“Work Lunch”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were a big group of 12 and the wait person seemed very overwhelmed. Some of the orders weren't put in with the others so people had to wait. The food was good, though.

Visited August 2013
Thanks for the review and keeping me updated. Sorry it took this long to respond but this review just showed up to me today! We are always working on improving service and staff and will chat with my crew from that day. Glad the food was good! Thanks, Clint Garman
Ventura, California
“Indoor/outdoor bar great for people watching on Cruise Night”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We grabbed seats by the open window looking out at Main Street, enjoyed a wide selection of beers, and tried out their Irish Tacos-corned beef and shredded cabbage on fresh corn tortillas served with a lively green sauce-quite good. A regular patron recommended the Boxty-potato crepe filled with salmon chunks covered in a nice white sauce, so I had to try that too, and I was impressed. The menu is full of originals and favorites, the large beautiful historic bar and interior is roomy and a great place to hang out, and the service was friendly and professional despite the Friday evening crowd.
Cruise Night, the first Friday April-October, provides great people watching as they stroll by Garman's admiring the classic cars parked along the closed off Main Street.

• Visited August 2013
ClintGarman, Owner at Garman's Restaurant and Irish Pub, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Thanks for the kind words and affirmation of the pub! I will relay the words to my staff!
Show Low, Arizona
“Fun and Energetic”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Food was great! Alex B. was great and so was our server. Husband had the bangers and mash... it was a hit. My daughter had wonderful clam chowder and a cookie thing that came hot in a little pan and lots of ice cream. I had the fish and chips... not so great... the chips were good but the fish was over breaded not crispy at all and pretty dark... like over cooked and greasy... I just packed to go and had potato skins instead. Had a wonderful time all the staff was so friendly walking by and asking if we needed anything. Next time we will definitely eat here again!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank bookpushermom
ClintGarman, Owner at Garman's Restaurant and Irish Pub, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thanks for the kind words about our staff and ambiance. Will work on the batter for the Fish n Chips as well! Let me know next time you are in and I will buy you the Fish n Chips!
Thanks,