“Destination Restaurant in an industrial park..”
Review of Hozy's Grill

Hozy's Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Hozy's Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Santa Paula
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Specialties Fresh, high-quality ingredients and talented staff create American and Mexican specialties. Our culinary staff constantly works to create new dishes from scratch - Merced's fish creations, Santiago's soups and Grandpa Hozy's chicken fried steak made from hand-pounded filet mignon. Our search for fresh, unique ingredients never ends: local abalone, locally grown tomatoes, Italian speck, Alaskan ice oysters and Australian lamb. We even dry age our own beef and a member of the Hozy's family bakes most of our breads. We have over 350 wine selections and Wine Spectator awarded us a 2-glass rating. Established in 1980. The Holzapfel family has been involved in the restaurant business since the early 1900s. Hozy's Grill keeps up the family tradition Grandpa Hozy started in the midwest. The restaurant is attached to the family's other business - Automotive Racing Products - which explains its location in an industrial park.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is an understated place both in location and décor, but the food and service are just great! I've been to this restaurant twice now and will certainly be going again.

last time I was there I had a starter of sea bass ceviche followed by a (bone in?) fillet steak and then our table shared a seasonal berry cobbler and a apple tarte tatin.

This is all diner type menu stuff but I have to say that it was prepared by the chefs with absolute care and attention and beautifully presented by the waitress. They use good fresh ingredients and cook them well. They also have an excellent wine cellar, but we took our own and they opened the bottles and provided glasses.

I'm going to try their breakfast soon, I've heard good things ...

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Don't even ask for a menu. Just order the chili verde and eggs and you'll thank me. It's a little on the hot side but the best I've ever tasted. It's a quirky place hidden in an industrial center and always packed.....always a good sign.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Was in the neighborhood so stopped by for late breakfast. Its a little hard to find, buried in an area with a bunch of business parks. Modern interior with booths, tables, and counter. Menu is mostly diner fare but nice touches, like whipped walnut butter with your pancakes. I am going to come back here and try some more breakfast items. The menu had salad, pasta, burgers, and sandwiches for lunch. Average prices.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Chicken Fried Filet Mingon....need I say more? Okay I will! The breakfasts are to die for...home fries from heaven!

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Hozy's is spectacularly unexpected. It is situated in an industrial park a short way outside downtown Santa Paula. The menu is wide ranging going from excellent roast beef to really fresh sashimi at dinner. Even pasta dishes are included. The wine list is virtually world class but with some carefully chosen moderately priced selections. There are specials and the menu changes with constant new dishes. The service is attentive and friendly. The restaurant is modern with posters attesting to the world famous race car drivers who use the owning company's parts. We have dined there with friends and family several times and have never been disappointed.

1  Thank rossbacher