“Nifty Little Place”

Ranked #1 of 719 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Their menu is limited, but the food is fresh and lovingly prepared. Also, their coffee is among the best I've ever had. Although I don't live far away, I had to post a review so that tourists in Santa Monica know about this little gem.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My brother and I were in town for one day and wanted to eat near the beach a good Italian breakfast so before heading out that way we looked up and came across this listing for Amelia's. We got into Laguna that morning and had coffee i offered my bro just finding a place there for breakfast but he was adamant about trying this little cafe. We are both Italian food fanatics so it wasn't hard to talk me into. After an hour and half drive we arrived at the cafe. First thing i notice as im placing my order was a sign for no use of computers...the conversation escalated and i loved the owners outlook on keeping meals personal and keeping the art of conversation alive...later we find that the son travels to our little town a few times a year...anyhoo back to the food...it was amazing i had a turkey paninni with pesto and fresh herbs cheese and tomatoes...was in heaven. We also got to taste Mom's infoumous Polenta cake with fresh black berries and whipped cream...it was DIVINE. The service, friendly owners and great food were one to remember.

1  Thank Saue
Reviewed October 30, 2013

we had breakfast here this morning. The savory pastries were outstanding as was the coffee. And the owners were very friendly. A perfect start to the morning.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Watching the owner was a treat. He is a tad eccentric and impatient but you could tell he was very fastidious about serving quality food. Ordered a panini and was surprised at the large size. The ingredients were very fresh and delicious. A must stop for breakfast or lunch or just a coffee. Outdoor seating is basically in the motel parking lot but acceptable.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Came here based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. I showed up early (6:45 am), and asked for their breakfast sandwich. They said that they weren't ready to make that yet as they had just opened at 6:30am (upon looking at their website afterwards, it does say that they offer the breakfast sandwiches from 8am). They suggested a savoury roll which was like a brioche-shaped croissant, and I chose the feta and kale variety. It was amazing! I'd come every day if I lived here.

Staff were very friendly and polite. They made me feel very welcome and comfortable.