“Great place for gifts ”

Neighborhood: Santa Monica
New York City, New York
“Great place for gifts ”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We went here to buy our friends desert for a BBQ we were invited too. We got little cupcakes. They wrap them beautifully and our hosts loved them

Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious little treats!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Being a bloke, I'm not really into cupcakes. While on holiday in Santa Monica, my wife dragged me there as it was recommended to her by a friend.

I can honestly say, I'm glad she did. We ordered 6 of the small cupcakes (3 different flavours). They were all fantastic that instead of taking them away, we enjoyed a coffee and ate them all!

The raspberry chocolate was my personal favourite.

They were so good, we want back again. The flavours change daily so keep that in mind. We had a key lime pie flavour on out second visit and that too was fantastic!

The mocha's are good too (maybe a little too sweat).

So... tasty cupcakes, friendly and helpful staff, handy location... Worth a visit for an afternoon treat!

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Depends on what you get”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Everyone has different standards. I do not frequently visit dessert and bakery shops, so this was my first visit to a cupcake shop. A friend and I went for my birthday and she said she was buying, so I ordered the cupcake I wanted, the name of which I don't remember. It was chocolate with chocolate frosting and caramel in the center.
She ordered her cupcake and then decided to buy out half of the store...
I was impressed with the cupcakes, rich flavors, good colors, soft inviting textures, but then again I was expecting to be for the price. I wouldn't say it's worth it if you go there on a regular basis, but definitely a great treat for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2014
Manhattan Beach, California
“Yummy Cupcakes!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I really enjoyed the mini cupcakes I purchased for a co-workers birthday. I walked in about 15 minutes before they closed one evening and luckily they still had plenty of cupcakes (large and small) to choose from. All the flavors sounded delicious and they all looked so perfect. To my surprise, since they like to sell all of their inventory each day, they were having a buy one get one special so I got two dozen mini cupcakes for the price of one.

Of the cupcakes I tried, they were absolutely delicious. Not dry like some mini cupcakes I have had in the past. I will definitely be back for more.

They also have seasonal flavors which sounded very good.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Abigail F
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Cupcake Paradise”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have had a lot of desserts from all over the world, and when the cupcake craze started I was one of the people who had to try a wide range of them to decide which were good, and which were amazing. Vanilla Bake Shop is one of the amazing cupcake shops and bakeries. Nothing here disappointed me, and I have had many of the flavors, simple Vanilla cupcakes have a wonderful gourmet flavor from the best Madagascar Vanilla. When it comes to these gourmet cupcakes quality of the ingredients matter. You can taste the difference between good chocolate and cheap chocolate. Real fruit is the main ingredients for Strawberry, Banana chocolate chip, and Passion fruit...one of my favorites is Lemon Lemon...Vanilla also makes these gorgeous looking cakes with the same care they make their cupcakes. Delicious. When you come here it is like coming to cupcake heaven. The cupcakes come in regular size, or you can buy three mini cupcakes...as I have said you can order special occasion cakes, and there are other sweet treats to try. Each day of the week the cupcake menu may change so always check online before going. Vanilla Bake Shop is very close to the beach, Third Street Promenade, and Santa Monica Place...there are tons of restaurants and city parking so you can enjoy a night on the town and save Vanilla Bake Shop for dessert. One of my top three cupcake bakeries.

• Visited June 2013