“Best coffee house in Santa Monica” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 42 Coffee & Tea in Santa Monica
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
new york, NY
“Best coffee house in Santa Monica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am so glad that I found this place. I've been searching for a good coffee house where I can enjoy my drinks and work at the same time, and this one wins the contest, hands-down. The place looks great, for one thing; a sunny, airy space in the front with a waterfall wall feels like a living room of a nice house. The rest of the place has a number of tall tables and communal tables that offer a plenty of outlets (very important to me since I often write in coffee houses) and free wifi. They take their coffee and tea super seriously; there are countless choices of coffee beans and teas, which is brewed by the cup. I had their fresh-brewed dark roast coffee, which was excellent, and later a cup of steaming-hot fresh ginger tea, which was absolutely spot-on. They also offer pastries (both vegan and regular). This is definitely going to be my new favorite spot to work and hang out.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Kathmandu
“Coffee tastings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Funnel Mill offers coffee tastings where they take the same bean and brew it in different ways. It is amazing how much you can learn here at this coffee house run by a man with a true passion for coffee. The couches are comfortable, too.

Visited February 2012