We stayed at The Hotel Carmel in May 2013, 2 Couples aged 26-28. We were looking for a great location but something nice. We tried to book into lots of different hotels last minute but had no joy being a weekend. This was the only one vacant.
We were impressed by the entrance of the hotel and the valet parking but the rooms did not match the same standard. We had a family room which had 1 front door, 2 internal doors with seperate bedrooms (which were a little dark) and 1 bathroom. We were there for one night and found it acceptable but nothing special. But it wasnt dirty or uncomfortable. The amount we paid was resonable for what we got as we had seen other options that were more expensive and of a very poor standard.
Could not fault the loaction SUPERB! Within walking distance to the beach, pier, shopping and restaurants. Loved Santa Monica - Beautiful Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Santa Monica, close to the Santa Monica Beach, the Hotel Carmel welcomes guests with classic Southern California hospitality. Steps away from world class shopping, fine dining, and the historic Santa Monica Pier, the Hotel Carmel has been a favorite with Santa Monica visitors since 1924. Experience Hotel Carmel’s history when you enter the lobby; a designated stop on the Santa Monica historic walking tour. High ceilings, a tiled floor, dramatic columns and a classic fireplace capture the gracious Spanish revival elements of the nineteen twenties. Guests at the hotel enjoy a privileged location, just a block to Santa Monica Beach and the Santa Monica Pier, home to attractions, amusements, and excitement. The hotel is across the street from Santa Monica Place Mall, anchored by Bloomingdales and Nordstrom, and features world class retailers such as Barney’s, Tory Burch, Tiffany & Company, Nike, Coach, Burberry,and Louis Vuitton. The Arclight Cinema and the Cheese Cake Factory are also located in Santa Monica Place. Just a block away is Santa Monica’s lively Third Street Promenade home to dining, shopping, and street performers. Be in the heart of it all in downtown Santa Monica. Experience the historic Hotel Carmel, a Southern California classic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel Carmel Santa Monica
- Carmel Santa Monica