My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights from Sunday 10th Feb on our way back to UK from New Zealand. Caught the Big Blue bus ( No3 ) from near LAX for $1each, great value and drop off near to hotel. Had read lots of previous reviews but have to say we had no problems during our stay. We stayed in room 428 which was very comfortable and clean with king size bed. Only slight negative was no view and air con outside a bit noisey but not bad if window closed, although noise did reduce from about 11.00pm. All reception staff friendly and very helpful, arranged transit to airport which was only $28 hotel to LAX and driver very friendly and informative. The free breakfast of juice, tea or coffee and pastries is excellent and is something that you would not get at many other hotels in US. As said in many other reviews, the location is fantastic, we had great walks along the
beach area towards Malibu and stop for coffee at beach cafe's and pier 5 min walk from hotel.
Also handy for shopping and eating out with many great value restaurants within walking distance.
We would stay here again and both thought that Santa Monica was a great place to visit. G & J.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Santa Monica, close to the Santa Monica Beach, the Hotel Carmel welcomes guests with classic Southern California hospitality. Steps away from world class shopping, fine dining, and the historic Santa Monica Pier, the Hotel Carmel has been a favorite with Santa Monica visitors since 1924. Experience Hotel Carmel’s history when you enter the lobby; a designated stop on the Santa Monica historic walking tour. High ceilings, a tiled floor, dramatic columns and a classic fireplace capture the gracious Spanish revival elements of the nineteen twenties. Guests at the hotel enjoy a privileged location, just a block to Santa Monica Beach and the Santa Monica Pier, home to attractions, amusements, and excitement. The hotel is across the street from Santa Monica Place Mall, anchored by Bloomingdales and Nordstrom, and features world class retailers such as Barney’s, Tory Burch, Tiffany & Company, Nike, Coach, Burberry,and Louis Vuitton. The Arclight Cinema and the Cheese Cake Factory are also located in Santa Monica Place. Just a block away is Santa Monica’s lively Third Street Promenade home to dining, shopping, and street performers. Be in the heart of it all in downtown Santa Monica. Experience the historic Hotel Carmel, a Southern California classic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel Carmel Santa Monica
- Carmel Santa Monica