i stayed at this hotel about a year ago and i loved it it was inexpensive and was close to pretty much everything so on our next trip to santa monica why would we stay elsewhere. We came back and this time around our room was horrible our view was idk looked like big acs and had fences everywhere it felt like a jail so we didnt even bother to open the blinds. Also service was not that good the girl in the front desk was rude and helpless we asked for tips on restaurants and she said she didnt know what i was talking about. she looked like she had just woken up her hair was all messy she was in a sweatshirt and no make up on. I work as a Front desk my selft here in Palm Springs and i know we need too doll up for work. so on our next trip to Santa Monica we stayed at the SEA VIEW HOTEL it was awsome i love it. It looks really small and type of a hole in the wall kind of place. But it is right across the beach really inexpensive also the rooms are huge and modern art deco we even had a kitchen!!! the beds are huge and the room is super clean i will never come back to hotel carmel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Santa Monica, close to the Santa Monica Beach, the Hotel Carmel welcomes guests with classic Southern California hospitality. Steps away from world class shopping, fine dining, and the historic Santa Monica Pier, the Hotel Carmel has been a favorite with Santa Monica visitors since 1924. Experience Hotel Carmel’s history when you enter the lobby; a designated stop on the Santa Monica historic walking tour. High ceilings, a tiled floor, dramatic columns and a classic fireplace capture the gracious Spanish revival elements of the nineteen twenties. Guests at the hotel enjoy a privileged location, just a block to Santa Monica Beach and the Santa Monica Pier, home to attractions, amusements, and excitement. The hotel is across the street from Santa Monica Place Mall, anchored by Bloomingdales and Nordstrom, and features world class retailers such as Barney’s, Tory Burch, Tiffany & Company, Nike, Coach, Burberry,and Louis Vuitton. The Arclight Cinema and the Cheese Cake Factory are also located in Santa Monica Place. Just a block away is Santa Monica’s lively Third Street Promenade home to dining, shopping, and street performers. Be in the heart of it all in downtown Santa Monica. Experience the historic Hotel Carmel, a Southern California classic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Carmel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmel Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel Carmel Santa Monica
- Carmel Santa Monica