Hotel Carmel
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
  • Beachfront
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$209
$376
$349
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
$650
$490
1,029 results
All reviewscoffee and pastriesstreet promenadecafe next doorexcellent locationsanta monica piereach morningrooms are smallan older hotelcomplimentary breakfastshopping and restaurantstwo blockslos angelesearplugslaxhollywood
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Saw an advert for this Hotel in an LA magazine so we weren't sure what to expect when we got there. Our room, overlooking the street, was large and comfortable. It was also spotlessly clean as was our bathroom, which had a good selection of toiletries. From early morning, in the lobby, an excellent Continental Breakfast was available with Croissants, Muffins and Danish Pastries, Orange Juice, Coffee and various Teas. My only complaint was that with black Tea, us English visitors would prefer milk. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and would certainly encourage us to stay again in this very reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dencmurphy
AngelaRogers, General Manager at Hotel Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of the Hotel Carmel, I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave your review of your stay with the Hotel Carmel.

We are happy to know that your stay with us was enjoyable and accommodations were to your expectations.

As the Hotel Carmel does not operate any food & beverage facilities, and cannot store milk, we do however have non-dairy creamer for coffee & tea.

We thank you again for staying with us and look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in November. Great location and decently priced. Definitely not the sterile atmosphere of a chain hotel, but a nice lobby and staff. Bar Chloe next door was awesome. If you aren't in to older hotels with character though, stay away. Other than that, you can't beat being a block of the beach for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
AngelaRogers, General Manager at Hotel Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

We want to thank you for you for staying with us and taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your review of your stay with us.

We truly appreciate your choosing the Hotel Carmel and that you found your accommodations to your satifaction. If you are ever in the Santa Monica area, please do not hesitate to contact us again for your accommodation needs.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Perfect location. Excellent Staff. Comfortable Rooms. Reasonable Price. We recently got married in Pacific Palisades and had all the wedding guests stay at Hotel Carmel and everyone had a wonderful experience. The rooms were plenty comfortable. The staff works very hard to please. And the location is tough to beat. If you're looking for luxury go to Shutters. If your looking for a reasonably priced comfortable place to stay while you enjoy Santa Monica and L.A., this is your place.

Room Tip: You may be able to get a larger suite for the same price if you ask.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Peter A
Reviewed October 15, 2011

The location of this hotel is perfect for a first time trip to LA/Santa Monica. Easy transport from LAX on the Rapid 3 Big Blue Bus (only US$1) and just couple of mins from the pier, Hollywood tour bus stops and 3rd Street Promenade shopping. I was on my own and being so close to everything meant that I had very short walks to and fro in the evenings which was a bonus.

I was in Santa Monica for about 40 hours and staying here allowed me to make the most of my time. In addition, the bed was extremely comfortable, which meant I was refreshed in the morning for another full day.

The hotel lobby pleasant with leaflets etc and vending machines as there is no kitchen.
Front desk staff weren't very communicative at check in. They seemed to be a little disinterested and didn't provide any information about anything including wifi/breakfast. I gave a credit card at check in for incidentals and, without indicating that it would be my method of payment at checkout, I received a receipt under my door at 2am (which woke me up) to see that the bill had already been paid using that credit card.

On a different note, when I realised I didn't have a corkscrew for my bottle of wine one of the bellstaff went to the bar next door to open it for me and filled an ice bucket for me. Really helpful - thanks!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank vicisabella
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Very surpised. I was looking for an economical place as I was just here for business. If you stay in room 405, have a nice view of the ocean.
The staff is wonderful.
The room smelled a bit funny, but could have the window wide open to enjoy the coastal breezes!
If you love old hotels with creaking stairs and wonderful Renaissance art, this is the place! Truly enjoyed my stay here!!
There is a LOT of street noise, but it helped me to get some work done and didn't bother me at all, so if you don't like street noise, don't stay on the West side of the hotel.
Also the stairs are a bit steep, so if this bothers you, take the slow elevator! :o)

Room Tip: As stated above - room 405 - nice view of the ocean. It's a small room - good for a couple or solo traveler!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SaBrSa
AngelaRogers, General Manager at Hotel Carmel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

I want to thank you for you for staying with us and taking the time out of your schedule to share your review of your stay with us.

Its wonderful to know that stayed with us and found your accommodations to your satifaction. If you are ever in the Santa Monica area, please do not hesitate to contact us again for your accommodation needs.