I stayed with my family at Casa Del Mar to mark the end of our vacation to California. We wanted to stay in Santa Monica s its one of the few places in LA which is walkable.
Having booked I read some scathing reviews on trip advisor and was a little worried about what we'd experience. I need not have worried.
The hotel's location is its biggest asset (just look at the pictures), and its staff come a close second. We experienced nothing but excellent and cheerful service, including a late checkout and excellent advice from the concierge.
Our rooms were small (and I'm saying that as a European). As we did not spend much time in them this was not a big problem. The ventilation system in the cupboard leaked water onto our clothes on our first night. Annoying - yes, but the hotel fixed the problem and laundered all our clothes very swiftly. $34 for valet parking is a cheek when you've paid Casa room rates and contrary to what others have said, wifi is free. Bike hire and boogie board hire was also steep - but great fun!
Overall - I'd stay again as the hotels location wins every time if you are on vacation and want to stay on the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar is located right on the sand in the heart of the Southern California seaside community of Santa Monica, mere steps from the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Bay. The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier, the dynamic Third Street Promenade, Main Street, the elegant shopping and dining areas of Montana Avenue, as well as the gardens, walkways and expansive ocean panoramas of cliff-top Palisades Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica
- Casa Del Mar Santa Monica