I have stayed here before, the sister hotel to Shutters across the street (where I have also stayed) for an in town getaway on the beach.
The rooms are very cozy, the help friendly and the location couldn't be better. Complimentary shuttle to 3rd street promenade, and nearby Main Street. Step out to the beach and walk the boardwalk to Santa Monica pier or Venice beach. Rent a bike.
Hotel accepts dogs too.
The hallways have a faint "smell" of mustiness. Probably being by the ocean.
Pool and pool area is small, and there is a nice small veranda facing the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar is located right on the sand in the heart of the Southern California seaside community of Santa Monica, mere steps from the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Bay. The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier, the dynamic Third Street Promenade, Main Street, the elegant shopping and dining areas of Montana Avenue, as well as the gardens, walkways and expansive ocean panoramas of cliff-top Palisades Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Travelocity so you can book your Casa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica
- Casa Del Mar Santa Monica