“Still In Love”

Ranked #3 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
ITALY
“Still In Love”
Reviewed May 15, 2008

Great atmosphere, lovely room!!!
EVERYTHINGS GREAT.
I recived an upgradeto oceanview and was wonderfull, ROOM SERVICE PERFECT AND CLEAN SUPERB.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Just returned from a weekend at Casa Del Mar. We were in Santa Monica for a wedding that was hosted at the hotel. The rooms are perfection, down to the turtle soaps at jet tubs. The robes were so comfy; I wanted to take one home with me. The room service was excellent as was food! A fun bar/lounge area too. The only complaint was they should have had the bar better staffed as often they only had one bartender, which certainly was not enough. Just a lux place to stay!!! Highly recommend if you can part with the $$$$.

• Liked — Robes
  • Disliked — Lack of bartenders
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I stayed at the Hotel Casa Del Mar over Easter weekend to attend a friend’s wedding that was also held at the hotel. This was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at and I really felt well attended to during my stay. I encountered a problem with my first room on the fifth floor, as it was directly next to the staff elevator and I heard constant mechanical sounds while trying to sleep off my jet-lag. It was very disturbing and noisy. I reported this to the front desk and they immediately offered to change my room. In fact, one of the managers tried to upgrade my room, but the hotel was booked. I did appreciate the effort. My second room was on the second floor and was not as nice as my first room and was missing the iPod speakers, but I still enjoyed it. The bedding and linens were fabulous and the bathroom/tub/toiletries were great. The pool/deck area on the fifth floor was very nice and the attendant was helpful. The chairs fill up quickly, so get there early if you want a lounger in a good location. The hotel is directly on the beach and is next door to its sister hotel, Shutters on the Beach. Both hotels are gorgeous. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

My only problem with the room was the way you could hear every door slamming and every conversation in the hallway-the doors were very thin and the insulation was not the greatest in the room. I also thought that parking was slightly overpriced, even for Santa Monica standards. It was $33 per day to park your car, with no option to self park (I guess I could have searched out a self-park lot and then drag my luggage around, but I was not that adventurous or motivated). It cost more to park my car then to rent the actual car, but oh well!! I did inquire about the Easter Brunch, which looked fabulous, but was slightly out of my price range ($75). The hotel bar was quite the social scene at night!!

My friend’s wedding at the hotel was stunning and every aspect of it was first class. I was slightly wary after reading several reviews on TripAdvisior about theft from the hotel at events and from guest rooms. Several people, including the bride, were also concerned about this potential problem. I left my wallet in the safe in my room, but did leave my Coach handbag at the table (with a close eye on it) and did not hear of or experience any theft problems. I hope to return to this hotel in the future!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noisy elevators
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank MitziOC
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed February 12, 2008

The location of this hotel on the beach is great! Easy to go out jogging/walking on the beach and the wonderful walkways next to the beach. I booked through the amex platinum program and received complimentary breakfast each day as well as a credit towards lunch at their restaurant. Food was good, view was outstanding overlooking the beach from the lobby restaurant area (main restaurant was closed on a sunday afternoon), they served a wonderful brunch in the main lobby restaurant area instead. I had the pleasure of having a glass of sparkling wine while watching the sun set one evening - fantastic! A little window washing would have made it even better, but it was pretty terrific. The hotel was pretty booked when I was there, so I didn't receive an upgrade through the amex program - but my side view of the ocean/beach was decent and the bathroom/tub was outstanding. There was a plug-in/speaker for my ipod so I was able to put some music on while I soaked in the tub. One afternoon I walked to the Santa Monica shopping area which was fun to see all the people and neat stores. Very relaxing, nice visit! There are only a couple of hotels directly on the beach -- can't beat this one for location.

• Liked — Location on the beach
  • Disliked — dirty windows
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2008

This is my favourite hotel to stay at on business trips in LA.

It’s in a perfect location – right in Santa Monica on the beach – but you really feel like you’re getting away.

Plus there are very nice touches in the rooms – from the down comforters to the candles next to the spa bathtub.

• Liked — all the nice touches in the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed December 31, 2007

I really liked this hotel. The lobby is breathtaking and gorgeously designed. I didn't really deal with the staff much, so I can't comment
on that. The room I got was a suite and the bed and bathroom were both
wonderful. The deluxed massage bath with amenities, a separate shower,
candles, were all great. The window that opened up from the bathroom to give you a view of the bed area was a nice touch because you could be taking a bath and watch tv or talk to the person in the next room.

The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. It just felt luxurious all around. The bedding and mattress were very comfortable.

Just outside my room was a little patio area and just by walking a short distance, was an expansive view of the ocean. Just beautiful.

I ate at the restaurant with two other people and we all thought it was just okay for the price. We were still hungry afterward because the portions were just not sufficient.

Casa del Mar is great if you want to hang out at the beach or just relax for a weekend getaway. Overall, the hotel was beautiful and I enjoyed my stay there.

• Liked — the room, the view
  • Disliked — the price
  • Stayed December 2004, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SassyGRL
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 19, 2007

A beautiful historic beach club renovtated to a very high standard of detail and quality. It feels like stepping back it time, yet with the high standard of furnishings and services that one would expect from a 5 star hotel. The staff were very helpful. The hotel restaurant "catch" is a must. We were sad to leave. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple