I stayed for business, so I did not test out the room service, restaurants, gym, or many of the other amenities. I basically used the room. I didn't think it was fair to give the hotel 5/5 stars based only on the room.
The room itself was spacious, well-appointed, quiet and extremely clean. I was on the 3rd (lobby) floor looking toward the neighboring hotel (Shutters) and the beach. In the bathroom, they had nice amenities available for sale in case you forgot anything. My only gripe about the room is that the thermostat faced the end of a built-in bookcase. It made it impossible to get an angle or enough light to view the thermostat settings, which in turn made it hard to control the room temperature exactly.
The location is right on the beach. It's a great place from which to take your morning run or stroll. You're maybe 1/2 mile from the pier, and an additional few steps to Santa Monica's main shopping and entertainment area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar is located right on the sand in the heart of the Southern California seaside community of Santa Monica, mere steps from the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Bay. The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier, the dynamic Third Street Promenade, Main Street, the elegant shopping and dining areas of Montana Avenue, as well as the gardens, walkways and expansive ocean panoramas of cliff-top Palisades Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica
- Casa Del Mar Santa Monica