4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$299
Priceline$299
Lol.travel$354
2,252 results
All reviews jw marriott front desk valet staff ocean view location is great third street promenade lobby bar valet parking venice beach jesus emerson property spa marriotts pier bellman apolo
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2019

Tano was absolutely amazing. I had to work very early in the am and he was a burst of energy and motivation to start off the day! Gave my staff and I water and snacks and was a joy to be around. Thanks Tano..!!!!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the JW Marriott in Santa Monica. We have previously stayed at the Loew’s, and the Viceroy. We decided to try the JW this time.

Is it the most luxurious hotel? No. It is well appointed though. It had a very nice spa, a pool, a nice fitness center, complimentary bikes, beach chairs, umbrellas. Great outdoor lounge area with fire-tables, yummy food and drinks, and blankets on demand.

Is it the most modern? No. Our room although big ( a king with a sofa-bed)was nice but some of the furniture was a little dated. The bathroom was brand new and modern. We had a little trouble with the water temperature in the shower, but we figured it out....go up slowly...

But what it does have is amazing service! We were helped by staff every step of the way. Would like to give a few shout outs...thank you to Jordan for the delicious cookies and milk delivered to our room the first night! Was such a nice touch. Finally a shout out to TANO! Tano came to our rescue several times! He brought us waters on our way out of hotel, gave us special vouchers for 20% off at spa (which was also wonderful), he had a delicious cheese plate and a bottle of wine sent up to our room. Finally, he helped open the gift shop early so my daughter could buy a bathing suit to go surfing that morning. We were rushing out of the hotel trying to make a flight. Tano made sure our bags and car were ready to go as we grabbed a quick to-go box from the breakfast buffet. Thank you Tano!
All in all this was a great hotel, in a great location with amazing friendly service! We will definitely return!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here. Just a quick beaxh trip but the staff made it very special. We got a room upgrade to a fabulous suite with a huge patio and sweeping 180 degree views. To top it off, we were given white glove and exceptional personal service by hotel employee Tano who made is feel like family and went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed and then some. He is a true asset to this property.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2019

Nice enough hotel, but could use some updating. Nice, friendly staff, and food ok. I did enjoy my view of the beach and how close it was for a nice walk to the pier and the center of Santa Monica. Very clean.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank victoriabY682HW
Jessica M, Director of Front Office Operations at Le Merigot Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Good Morning victoriabY682HW

Greetings from Santa Monica! My name is Jessica Mahone and I am the Director of Front Office Operations at the JW. I truly value your taking the time to share your recent experience with us! Appreciate your providing us areas of opportunity and we thank you so much for your feedback. I will be sure to communicate your sentiments on the service you received ,as well as the cleanliness of the hotel, this will truly motivate our staff.

Should you return to the area we would love to welcome you back and accommodate you again. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your feedback! Have a brilliant day!

Reviewed September 10, 2019

I stayed for 8 days in JW Marriott and i had a very average experience. Overall hotel ambience, housekeeping etc are fine. As a hotel norm to authorize the credit card, a transaction of $3000 was tried for authorization and that too they did it twice accidently ($6000) and they reverted that transaction however that fell in my un-billed (un recognized) cash and my card was blocked since it went above my credit limit.
As a visitor to US i had a very calculative balance in my international card and it was blocked due to the incorrect attempts made by the hotel.
When i asked the hotel about it, they denied making those transactions and i was in a fix if there was someone else making this malicious attempt, At the end of the stay the transactions reflected in my bank statement as the hotel attempts.
Had they accepted that initially , it would have made my trip more peaceful
I shared this feedback with the reception before checking out and they agreed to ensure that his doesn't happen again
Also the buffet had very minimal option and $25 dollars is very pricey for that. A bowl of pappaya costed $24
I would not recommend this place

Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank Subs_Wanderlust
Jessica M, Director of Front Operations at Le Merigot Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Good Evening Subs_Wanderlust

Greetings from Santa Monica! My name is Jessica Mahone and I am the Director of Front Office Operations at the JW and I thank you for taking the time to share your recent with us. I can 100% understand your frustration with our incorrectly authorizing your card. My team failing to take ownership of this is not acceptable and will be addressed immediately. I realize this impacted your experience. I have been in the exact same situation while traveling out of the country, so I realize just how frustrating this can be and Insincerely apologize we created this inconvenience for you.

I thank you for your favorable comments regarding the Housekeeping and ambiance. Should you return to the area I would love to welcome you back and provide you the experience you deserve. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We value you and your choosing to stay with us!