“Wonderful service!”

JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
“Wonderful service!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Spent 2 nights early December just before a wedding. Nice room, great view, excellent bed and wonderful service and amenities. Great location for walking palisade park and walkways. Close to major shopping, Santa Monica pier and beaches, all a short walk. No concierge lounge, but excellent food (a little pricey) but we felt at home. The manager Kei Beumer was personally attentive and concierge and bell men knew us and welcomed is back on each return. I would recommend as home port to see Santa Monica!

Stayed December 2013
Caroline A, Director of Sales at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Happy Holidays,
Caroline

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our first trip to California for Thanksgiving. Hotel was lovely, quiet, close to the beach, CLEAN, did I mention CLEAN. Beds are too soft but everyone has their own liking. Service was great, along with the weather. Drinks and tapas on the terrace wonderful. Will always remember the experience and hope to go back.

1 Thank Cindy L
Caroline A, Director of Sales at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your positive review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Happy Holidays,
rhode island
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

I had planned months in advance, to enjoy a few days in santa Monica, over thanksgiving weekend. When I arrived on thanksgiving afternoon, first, the valet tried to take my car, with my luggage in it, before I had even checked in.
Then, I stood at the empty "front desk", which I must say is not at all welcoming in its design, for ten minutes, before someone appeared and asked if I was being helped.
When I booked the room, I called and spoke to someone who assured me that my room was an ocean facing balcony room. The room had a balcony that was not at all private (short little walls divided the adjoining balconies) and the ocean could be seen through a small sliver between part of the building.

I decided not to let this disappointment wreck my holiday, and went off to join family for dinner. When I returned, I went straight to bed, and was exhausted after traveling all day from the east coast, and a big turkey dinner.

Sadly, I was completely unable to sleep! The bed was so soft, my back went into a terrible spasm, and no matter how or where I positioned myself, on either bed, it was impossible. I have traveled my entire life and stayed in hundreds of hotels, never before have I experienced such discomfort. I ended up having to get into the shower at 3 am to relieve the pain... But found there, curly dark hairs in a corner of the tub, which were NOT mine (yuck, and another first, for any hotel stay!)

Finally at 6 am I called the front desk, and let them know about my dissatisfaction. The gentleman told me that the front desk manager would arrive at 6:30, and he would have her call me immediately to work out a solution. By 7 am, she had not called... So I went down to the front desk, where I was told the manager had not yet arrived...
At 7:08, a woman walked in the door, and I was told she was the front desk manager. When I expressed my frustration, I was told that the general manager could come "out"to speak with me.
to his credit, he offered to drop the charges for the night, however, he did not offer an upgrade in room, or express any true empathy for the terrible experience that I'd had.

Just a couple of hours later,I checked into a very nice hotel, just down the road, slept peacefully and comfortably for a few hours, enjoyed the other half of that day with family,and slept well that night.

To their credit, later that day I received an email from the front desk manager, apologizing for my experience,and offering to put a credit on my rewards account.

Sadly, this was my second bad service experience in a Marriott in the past few months. Not sure I'm going to choose these hotels in the future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rhodeygem
I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at Le Merigot and can certainly understand your frustration with the situation. Your comments are of great concern to me. You can reach me directly at 310-899-6121 and I would be delighted to speak with you further regarding your stay.

Caroline Appel
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed at this Marriott for a wedding. The rooms smelled mildewy and the windows did not open. We had to stay on the first floor to get a room with a small patio and fresh air. It was a bit noisy, but bed was comfortable. There were nicer options not included in wedding rate on higher floors.

The bar and patio were nice, but pool area seemed cramped and no view of ocean at all. You have to cross the street to get to the beach.

The bar menu and breakfast were good.

The location was convenient....close to the pier, the promenade and nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask if the windows open!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Caroline A, Director of Sales at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We are disappointed that we didn't meet your expectations. Please contact me directly if you are planning another trip to Santa Monica, I will personally ensure that you will have an unforgettable stay.

Happy Holiday,
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have been staying at Le Merigot a few times annually for the last 10 years. We keep returning because of the great staff and service. Over the years the rooms have maintained their large, cheerful appearance and the breakfasts down stairs in the restaurant have remained excellent.

The proximity to the Beach, the Pier and even the Promenade make finding activities easy. For exercise the fitness room or just riding a bike along the beach boardwalk can't be beat. A bike ride at sunset time along the beach is especially memorable

The recently renovated Spa and lobby are outstanding, but more renovating is needed. Specifically the hall ways and room carpeting needs to be replaced. It is well worn and showing its age.

The Pool area is pleasant but has always lacked an outdoor Jacuzzi. That little, raised, open space at the northwest corner of the pool would be perfect.

If those changes were to be done, Le Merigot would be perfect and we would give it the highest
rating of Excellent!

Roman

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean view room.
1 Thank Roman L
We appreciate your review and your loyalty as a repeat guest over the last 10 years. As mentioned above, we are currently in the process of enhancing your guest experience by upgrading our guestrooms and will be finished in the upcoming months. We look forward to your return visit.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Third visit to this property and never dissapointed. The location is excellent, short walk to the beach, Pier and shopping. Service is great and special kudos to "Matt" from the front desk who went above and beyond one morning when their wasn't coffee set in the lobby yet. He tracked some down and brought it right out. Rooms are very good, nice patio/pool area. Considering the prices of some of the other properties in the area, the JW is a great choice all the way around.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Caroline A, Director of Sales at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
We are very glad to have you as a repeat guest and look forward to welcoming you on another one of your return visits.
Orange County
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have wanted to stay at this hotel for quite a while. Right on the Beach of Santa Monica. I arrived early and they told me my room was, in fact, ready but needed to be inspected. They would call me when that was done. And they told me it had an unobstructed view! Wow. As a Platinum Elite Member of Marriott I am aware of some of the perks, but this was exciting. My Profile asks for a high floor overlooking the pool. Two hours later – no call. So I went to the front desk. The young man assured me the room was ready and gave me the keys. Bottom floor with an unobstructed view of the Lowes Hotel wall next door. Oh, and an empty wine bottle on the roof structure under my window. How it got there I have no clue as the windows would not open for fresh air. If this was all it would be bad enough, but there was more. Suffice it to say we were very disappointed and will never return.

Room Tip: My room was 205. Don't go there!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stricks
I would like to personally apologize that your room and stay did not live up to your expectations. We take great pride in our services and it is our highest mission to go above and beyond to make sure that your stay is memorable. We take feedback seriously and your comments will help us to improve and provide the level of service our guests have come to expect from a JW Marriott. We hope to someday be able to re-establish our credibility with you.