“JW Marriott Santa Monica”

JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Ranked #17 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the JW Marriott in Santa Monica on May 19, 2013! We are Platinum Marriott Rewards and were upgraded to a Junior Suite at check in. In addition to the welcome points, we enjoyed a comp ice cream, berries and wine treat in our room later that night. Spacious room with all the comforts, especially that great bed! Nice breakfast and received a $33 credit on their morning menu. Without exception, everyone was friendly and attentive to our every need. It's great to interact with people that seem genuinely glad to see you and who appreciate your business. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MFJ93444

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stayed 4 nights here for our anniversary. Was able to book the room with Marriott Rewards points, and because we came at a less-busy time of year, were happily upgraded to large room with a huge balcony overlooking the the Pier and beach. I will start out by saying that you should be prepared to pay $35/nt for valet parking - painful but it is LA and everything seems to be valet parking so you just have to accept it. Other than that - this place is GREAT. The location could not be better - easy walking distance to the Pier and to the Third Street Promenade. The beach and beach-side paths are 30 seconds from the back door. The staff at the hotel are the BEST anywhere, so friendly and helpful. We asked John at the bar if there was a management mandate that staff members say "hello" and go out of their way to smile or try to help customers (I got lost looking for a rest room at one point, and a staff member stopped, got on the elevator with me to another floor, and took me around 2 corners to make sure I found it) and he said there was no such mandate - but that the hiring managers are just looking for that kind of personality when they hire. Well, props to the managers, because they're doing a great job spotting those people in the interviews. Sure, one should expect great service from a good hotel, but you don't always get it. I want to thank everyone there for proving to my husband (who worries that I travel cross-country for work) that Californians can be every bit as polite and friendly as Southerners. This was a great anniversary trip, and we can't wait to return to Le Merigot!

Room Tip: There is construction on a large condo building across the street on the "city" side of th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ruth P
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stay at this hotel four times a year due to business. I travel a great deal and stay in hotels all over the country and in the UK. This is one of the best of the best. Great service, great location, exceptionally helpful staff. Good restaurant, but close to so many great restaurants that it really isn't even a factor one way or the other. The fitness center is smallish, but one of the best hotel fitness centers I've ever used... although I tend to run on the beach trails and in the nearby park. You simply can't go wrong with this hotel. But definitely eat at least one meal at Cora's cafe just down the street. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights during our spring break in March. The location is perfect. Beach is just a hop across a parking lot in the rear of the hotel, only a few short blocks to the Pier and Promenade. We had a large room w/ 2 double beds - very clean and the beds uber comfortable. The view was terrible, as it overlooked an old beach shack next door. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating - props the concierge for giving us some great advice for both dining and bike rentals. My picky son ordered room service for dinner twice and devoured the chicken fingers/fries. Loved the refreshments in the lobby and the free water bottles. Only negatives, the $35/night valet parking fee - we would have preferred another self park option but there was none to be had and no hot tub. It was a bit too chilly for the pool, but we would have loved hanging in a hot tub.

Overall, nice hotel, great location, top notch Marriott service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I never stay at Marriotts. I don't know why but on a business trip someone else was in charge of the hotel. I was very surprised and pleased with the hotel and then über friendly staff.
Mi from N.Y. And I never trust friendly lol but this time a just let go and said to myself that maybe they are for real! Lol...bed was comfortable with gorgeous linens that had real embroidered initials..expensive to make ( I know, I am a fashion designer). Was alone so I ate at the bar and had a great glass of wine. Caesar salads with shrimps added was yummy and very fresh.
All in all, nice stay and by the way has partial view of the ocean so I walked down there to take as many clean breaths as I could before boarding the plane back to my favorite city. NY.

Room Tip: I had cheapest room and it was terrific. Huge bathroom!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stay here at least 3 times a year due to work group bookings. Rooms are very nice and clean / changed to a high standard. Make sure that if staying on the 1st floor that you don't get too much noise from the bar downstairs, a) if your at the front of the hotel (road side), you will be near the gallery which looks down onto the bar and, b) if your window overlooks the outdoor bar seating area, you will hear noise of parties and groups until the bar closes. All other floors upward are out of range of noise.
The pool and gym are ideal and there is a quick exit gate out the back which gets you within 30 seconds of the beach - where you can run for miles.
The staff are very friendly and always at hand for any request of late check out, taxi calling, tickets for shows etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 186416Keng
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Fabulous place to stay-even with young children. Beautiful hotel, great location. Staff and service were incredible-gave toys for the kids on arrival, sent complimentary wine and cheese when our tv remote needed a quick repair. Truly exceptional service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family