“Location, Service and a Great Night's Sleep”

JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Los Angeles, California
“Location, Service and a Great Night's Sleep”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

For the past four years one of my client's has put me up at this hotel during an intense event that we work on in the area. Located at Santa Monica Beach, the best rooms definitely face the ocean and a short walk through the property will take you to the beach. The hotel is refined and the rooms are nicely appointed. The beds are very comfortable and I swear the king size beds are oversized and lovely. Food is very good although room service is not cheap. Most of the staff is VERY accommodating and I would like to thank Nicholas, the concierge who stayed to help me after his shift ended and he was leaving and commend Arthur, the valet who remembers people from day to day .... not just my face but my name. For tourists, the hotel is a close walk to the Santa Monica Pier, the Beach, Third Street Promenade and all that Santa Monica has to offer.

Room Tip: Ocean views are the best but probably a little more costly. I did not experience the spa first hand...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KoziakProductions

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel recently. Thankfully, we were only booked for one night. We expected much more from a JW Marriott. The hotel was very "tired" looking. The carpeting in our room was stained and worn, the drapery seemed dated and in need of an update and the bathroom was very antiquated. We ate in the restaurant and were not impressed with the food, although the service was good. There were no views of the water from the restaurant. We would not stay here again. Considering the high price of the room, it was very over-rated!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandi G
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was our second visit to the JW Marriott - we enjoyed our stay the year before so much that we decided to come back again for a couple of days at the beach.

Wonderful hotel just a block off of Santa Monica beach. Smaller hotel but they don't miss anything. Staff is very helpful and takes car of your every need. We stayed on the front side of the hotel this time facing a busy street but it was not loud or disruptive. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. Not cheap but this is Santa Monica after all.

Room Tip: Ocean view is great, but it will cost you a few extra $.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I found this hotel to be gorgeous. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. It had a pool, an outside area to eat or drink, access to the beach, restaurant, bar. The only thing is that is not located on the beach. However, there are no hotels that I saw in Santa Monica on the beach.
Most of them have access to the beach. There was no free internet access, it was $15 for 24 hours to use the internet in your room, I thought it was high. There are many restaurants and shopping areas within a 5 min walk from your hotel. This hotel is also very close to Venice, at least for us who rented a car. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed here two nights this year following a three night same time last year. The location is great-close to the Santa Monica pier, beach is one block away, promenade shopping is a nice doable walk. All of the staff were friendly, smiled when we were greeted each and every time. There is a gym and a heated outdoor pool, which our kids loved.

We stayed in a very large room with two double beds and extra floor space for four suitcases without being cramped. Bathroom is off to the side of the room separated by a wall so you don't hear when someone is in there.

Our room stayed dark w two sets of curtains in the early morning.

And the room is well kept in terms of cleanliness - smells fresh, not damp or musty! As good as it was last year.

We just might be back for a 3rd stay!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recently stayed with my sister at the JW Marriot in Santa Monica and had a very disappointing start to our holiday. After two flights (one long international flight from Australia), I was greeted on arrival at the hotel to the news that the request for twin beds had not been received. In all of the years (over 25 years) that I have been traveling around the world, I have never been met with such unwillingness to resolve the situation. After a frustratingly long discussion, it was apparent that the hotel were not interested in assisting me (even though there were vacancies) and we could easily have been upgraded. Instead I was offered a camp bed; but the room we'd been allocated wasn't large enough to accommodate this and neither my sister or I paid for six nights accommodation at a five star hotel to sleep on a camp bed! Such a shame to start my holiday like this - I can't understand why the staff would not want to ensure that I would want to stay with JW Marriott again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AustralianHelen
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently stayed at the JW Marriott in Santa Monica to celebrate our 24th anniversary. We picked this hotel based on it's location and JW reputation. We were disappointed. This might make a decent hotel for a business meeting but don't go there for a special occasion or family vacation. Four days before arrival I received an email asking of any special needs we might have. I replied and explained it was an anniversary and would like a nice room and an early check in. No reply. We arrived at 1:30 pm and were informed our room was not ready but we could check back at 3. The room we were given had a view of an alley and a building under construction and the carpet seemed worn and had a large stain. No mention by any staff member about our anniversary which was disappointing. The lobby bar is tiny with no beer on tap...really. On the positive side the location is very good in Santa Monica. Easy walking distance to the beach, promenade, and Pier. The staff was attentive and eager to help. The concierge service was excellent especially the young lady from Lake Tahoe. Overall the JW Marriott Marigot was ok but it was not worthy of it's category 8 Marriott rating and did not meet our expectations.

• Stayed March 2013