“Wonderful hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Bozeman, Montana
“Wonderful hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel was a wonderful experience! The rooms were spacious, the hotel was very clean and the entire staff was very helpful and pleasant. The location was excellent and within walking distance of the beach, Santa Monica Pier and the 3rd Street Promenade. The restaurant and bar were excellent as well.

Room Tip: The corner rooms were very large and spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1625Sheri

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We did not spend the night but used the day spa with a travelzoo coupon. I was so impressed from the minute I drove up and the valet was all smiles and so nice. The hotel lobby was nice and we walked down to the spa with help from another employee who was also smiling and nice(I think he was a chef!) The spa was cozy and we hung out at the small pool until it was time for our service. I got a massage from Borbala which has to be the best one I have ever had-I just wish it was longer! I got a facial from Jeanne who was awesome. After our great services we had lunch at the bar restaurant where we sat outside. The service again was excellent and so was the food. I was so impressed about the staff-they were all so happy and nice. It was so great to be treated like a valuable customer which happens so rarely anymore.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friend was going to Santa Monica for business reasons, and invited me to join her! She booked the JW Marriott Le Merigot. I arrived early in the morning, and tried to check in early, however the rooms were still not ready (understandable). Front desk couldn't locate reservation information either. Finally after 5 minutes, they found it. We reserved 2 double beds, but apparantly their system stated we were to receive a King. So I requested 2 double beds, and they were able to accomodate. They took my # down, and when the room was ready, they would let me know. Around Noon, they contacted me and stated the room was ready!

Room - the rooms are nice, definitely no complaints. However, as I have read in previous TripAdvisor reviews, it agree that this is not "JW" standards. Not what I would've expected for "JW". The decor is more in line with a regular Marriott. Therefore, for the pricing, I don't think it is worth it. I still think it is a lovely room, but to tack on "JW" and increase rates, that is something to consider for a future reservation... the double beds were comfortable, and nice. I noticed that on the surface, from a far, it looks very clean and together, but when you look closer at the finer details, it seems that the hotel needs a little bit of updating. For example, the business chair in our room, parts of the armrest was a little ripped... and then it looks that some parts of the room needed updating. Those were more minor issues, and not a big deal for me, but again, for those thinking "JW", I wouldn't have planned to see any of that.

Location - Amazing location! A few blocks walk to The Promenade. Easy acces to the beach and Pier. Loved it!

Internet - there is a surcharge in the room, but I believe in the lobby it is free

Staff - with the exception of the first lady checking me in, everyone else was VERY nice. Really enjoyed their friendly service, and always so accommodating!

OVERALL - really enjoyed the trip. The stay was nice, the rooms were clean and accomodating. Staff was friendly. Great location, I would recommend this as a "Marriott", not "JW".

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Ocean!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jenniye5
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Absolutely loved my stay! Great service, friendly staff and spectacular views! What is not to love about being steps away from the beach and downtown Santa Monica! With shopping at the 3rd Street Promenade, restaurants just outside my door, and a breathtaking view ... who could want anything else! Such a lovely and cozy hotel just a step away from downtown Santa Monica and easily accessible to everything especially the beach! Le Merigot is always lovely to stay at!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was just in recently for only one night on a business trip and was blown away by the high standard of service and commitment of the entire staff. My hat's off to all of you there. This is going to become my regular hotel for LA from now on. Well done.

• Stayed January 2013
new york, ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night on business. Check in was fast and pleasant. They has bottles of water and coffee / tea out for the guests. Lobby had a small bar and eating/lounge area. Very nice but simple. Nothing impressive.
The room was pretty standard. Clean but pretty standard as well. It was good for staying for business but I wouldn't stay here for a vacation.
I ordered room service for breakfast and it was good. They were missing one item from the order and the gentleman who delivered wasn't very professional as other hotels in the area. But the food was tasty and on time.
The best part of this hotel is the location. Right by the pier and beach. Can't beat that.

• Stayed January 2013
Hollister, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Absolutely love this hotel. My husband and I get out to LA every 3-4 months and ALWAYS stay at least one night at this hotel because we love it so much! The staff is truly amazing - they remember your name and treat you like royalty!! I mean EVERYONE working there. And the accomodations - well what can I say? Its fabulous!! Beautiful views of the ocean and pier, clean, up-to-date, and a very very comfortable bed. We truly cannot say enough nice things about this place - zero complaints!!

Room Tip: Might try asking for an upgrade to get an ocean view room - its worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple