“Vanilla Marriott in a great location”

JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
NYC
“Vanilla Marriott in a great location”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was bright, clean and empty. Could've used a jacuzzi. The hotel is clean and well-maintained but the carpets and furnishings were dated. The best part was the cool back access-way to beach. The room was large and the bed was very comfortable. I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Malaysia
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed there for 2 nights at the end of a road trip. Corner room with views and very clean.

Only imperfection was breakfast. No buffet and everything needed to be ordered breakfast costed $40 +tip and tax per person after adding everything. Pool is small, but the ocean is only a 2 minute walk.

• Stayed October 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The only thing JW about this hotel is the staff and service. This really is just a Regular Marriott at best. It is a tiny property one block from the ocean, in serious need of a complete overhaul. Pros include clean, quiet, great free coffee in the lobby, comfy beds. Cons are tiny rooms, outdated furniture and decor, including the bathrooms. Customer service is great . As platinum members they gave as complimentary breakfasts and evening snack, and cheese ,fruit plate and split of wine upon arrival.
Nice outdoor shopping at the promenade, just a few minutes walk. Great walking/running/biking trail located on the ocean and its just out the back of the property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bunkiss
London
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great location. All the ususal you would get from such a huge hotel. If you prefer boutique hotels, then this will not be for you. Staff attentive and a decent pool. The beds were extremely comfortable, not sure that is a good thing or bad - for me it was a very good thing as I always enjoy good sleep.

Martinez, California
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Easy walking distance to restaurants and good shopping. Great low fat, healthy lunch, lounge menu plus other dishes as well. The decor is very nice and the staff friendly and helpful. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean and was comfortable and clean. The workout room is better than most in a hotel and looks out onto the pool, the equipment is new and up to date.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the 6th floor for a great view.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel on September 24th for two nights, The Hotel is located on a busy street. I had rented a car, because my next destination was San Diego. The parking is 35 dollars a night. I didn't mind two much since my stay at the hotel was paid for with points from my Marriott rewards Visa card. I thought the Valets that take your bags were very annoying. The valet who took my bags for me was very nice but I would have rather taken my own bag upstairs. Before you know it the valet has your bags and has placed them on his cart to take it upstairs for you. I always carry my own bags upstairs to my room, don't want to pay someone for that. My room did face the street but the room was very quite. I thought the grounds of the hotel were beautiful. I was there on a week day and the lawn guys were outside trimming trees keeping it looking nice. Check in was very quick but it was on a week day and didn't seem very busy. It is within walking distance to an area where pedestrians can only walk, they don't allow cars. Montana Avenue is a little farther away so you would also have to drive your car there. They have nice high end shops there and restaurants too. It is within walking distance to the Santa Monica Pier. The area is very safe. I walked down to Venice by myself, this was during the day though, I walked along Main Street where they have shops and restaurants. I had breakfast at the hotel which was expensive. I was doing the Amazing LA Tour which picks you up from your hotel. The tour that I chose takes you to all the tourist sites. Mulholland Drive to see the Hollywood Sign, Rodeo Drive, Graumans's Chinese Theatre where you can see the movie stars hand and foot prints. I enjoyed the tour, easier way to see all the sites. The next morning before I left I did eat breakfast at a little place right up the block from the hotel which was very good. My room at the hotel was very nice. Everything was very clean. I had drinks at the bar while I was waiting for my boyfriend and met some nice ladies while I was there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My friends and I reserved two rooms and really enjoyed our one night stay.

The check in process was speedy and efficient. When another guest showed up to check in an additional front desk person showed up before a line could form. The quick check in was a good omen for the rest of the stay.

Both of or 3rd floor ocean view rooms were very spacious and clean. The bathroom was well appointed and private. There is a big condo building blocking part of the view, but not a big deal.

The rooms were quiet for sleeping. Unusual for a hotel room, my king bed was located directly in line of the door. The light from the hallway was visible under the door and woke me up a few times. The comfy bed and quiet a/c system helped.

The location was great and we were able to walk to restaurants. My next stop is LAX and I am somehow sure that I will really miss the courteous staff and helpful service I found at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012