“Over rated”

Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Santa Monica, California
“Over rated”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I did not like my red velvet cupcake at all. It tasted like baking soda. The cream cheese chocolate frosting tasted like cheap sugar frosting with no cream cheese flavor at all. I don't mind paying $3.25 for a cupcake but this cupcake wasn't worth eating even if it were given to me for free.

Los Angeles, California
“In One Word---Yummy!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had a half price coupon and I love sweets. This was a no brainer. I enjoyed each cupcake I ordered. The secret is to ask which cupcakes are fresh from the oven. Those are the ones you want and will enjoy the most. Some of the cakes are a little bit dry for my taste. However, the butter cream frosting adds moisture and they don't stint..
I am not a cupcake expert. So I don't know how well these measure up to other gourmet cupcakes.
I was happy. The service was excellent. And if you are in the mood for cupcakes, these are worth the calories..

• Visited December 2012
Edmonton
“Yummy is right!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was excited to try this place as soon as I made plans to go on Vacation to Los Angeles. It is someplace that you should try if you're in Santa Monica or walking Third Street Promenade. We bought 6 cupcakes and finished them in three days.Very good. The chocolate cupcakes were very moist and I'm usually not a fan of chocolate cupcakes. Thy are also not shy with their icing. If you like icing...then this is the place for you.

• Visited November 2012
santa monica
“Poor service for $$$ so-so cupcakes”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I ordered cupcakes for an office birthday party from Yummy Cupcakes in S.M. and was asked for my credit card number. I gave it and very clearly expressed that it was NOT to be charged, I would pay when I picked up the order. On the order it is printed VERY CLEARLY that the customer would pay in store. The day of pick up I happened to notice that they charged my card against my wishes and I called to ask them to fix it. When I picked up the order the manager WAS there but he did NOT bother talking to me, only to his employee who unfortunately probably has to deal with angry people all the time bc of her careless manager and careless coworkers, I felt bad that she bore the weight of this rediculous fiasco and her manager didnt even try to help her. The one star is for her. She told me that the manager (allegedly) voided the transaction, which makes no sense, it should be a REFUND since they already have my money!!!!! I called today, 24 hours after I asked them to fix this, and still have not seen any refunds to my account. I called AGAIN to be told that it could take DAYS for the transaction to be reversed. That is a fat steaming pile of feces. They get to take my money indefinately and its just tough for me. This is NOT the first time they have done this and Im DONE coming to this expensive place for dry, over-frosted cupcakes. Clearly they have employees who dont give a crap about customer service or, idk, DOING THEIR JOB and a manager to match. Save yourself the headache and hassle and go somewhere else.

• Visited October 2012
Clifton, NJ
“Yummy Cupcakes!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Moist and delicious cupcakes. My son tried the "Happy Day" and I tried the Coconut.....both were delicious!

Visited August 2012