“Beautiful food and great service”
Review of Boa Steakhouse

Boa Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Boa Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 689 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Ocean Avenue
Description: BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary steakhouse, serving classic steakhouse fare with a twist. Urbanite modern setting where food and service are top notch and the ambiance is relaxed and fashionable. If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“Beautiful food and great service”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Visited once before 5 years ago when in LA so thought to try again. Steaks were wonderful - cooked perfectly and the market vegetables were also great. Steak Carpaccio entrée was excellent. Napa Valley Cabernet recommended by the waitress was also very good. Service was prompt and thoughtful. Definitely will go here again.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very enjoyable dining experience”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We went to this ocean front hot spot on Ocean Blvd in Santa Monica recently with another couple. We had a short wait--we didn't have a res on a Thursday night. We didn't mind our short wait at the bar. Our server was very professional and knew the menu well. They gave a gluten free menu which was helpful. I had the fish special and my friend had the swordfish. Our friends enjoyed a very good looking steak. I would return to this spot, but make a res for outdoor seating.

• Visited June 2014
Marina del Rey
“Best steak, best everything”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten here so many times and never been disappointed. Healthy but delicious (or not healthy if you want to splurge and have truffle mac and cheese or the BLT salad). Great steaks, especially the petit filet. Great sides, market fresh, everything booked perfectly always. Treat yourself, also you can almost always find seating in the bar area and eat there if the tables are full.

Santa Monica, California
“Great service, great setting, great meal”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I recently got to experience my first trip to BOA Steakhouse for my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend. (I know, I know - not a big deal to most people. But this was my boyfriend's FIRST 1 year anniversary with anyone before, so it was special for us.)

Not only did the host seat us in a perfect little corner table, but the manager, Josh, came out and congratulated us on our anniversary and brought us a complimentary goat cheese baklava, which was by far one of the best appetizers I have ever tasted. I'm so glad Josh sent it out to us, it as I would have never ordered it myself.

My boyfriend, who is a prior Michelin restaurant rated chef, was also pleased with the appetizer (and when it comes to culinary creations, he's hard to please) but his favorite thing on the menu is the caesar salad, made from scratch at our table side. So he ordered two servings for each of us, and ended up helping me finish my portion. It was also probably one of the best caesar salads I've ever had the pleasure of eating.

As our main dish, we both ordered a filet mignon, and the meat was very tender and well seasoned. BOA has a bacon salt that my boyfriend requested a side of, and adding that to the steak was probably the most amazing thing I have ever put into my mouth. What can top steak sprinkled with bacon salt? Nothing, that's what. Nothing can top steak sprinkled with bacon salt. If you have never tried it, please go to BOA and do your tastebuds a solid. I think that is the definition of pure foodgasmic ecstasy.

I ordered sides of creamed spinach and truffle parmesan cauliflower, which ended up being perfect because I really enjoyed the creamed spinach and my boyfriend devoured most of the truffle parmesan cauliflower. The creamed spinach has a slight aftertaste of something minty. I can't quite figure out exactly what it is, but it's very unique and I really enjoyed it.

Josh came out a number of times to check on us, congratulate us on our anniversary, and discuss the dishes with us. He was an amazingly personable manager, and at the busy dinner hour of 7-8pm, I'm surprised he was able to spend so much time checking in with us. The service here is phenomenal.

The only tiny criticism we had was the temperature our steaks were prepared. For medium-rare, they were about 15-20 seconds too done and I would have expected a bit more pink in the middle. This did not take away from the flavor or tenderness of the dish, just something for others to be aware of. If you want a red centered mooing cow, make sure you let your server know or it might be just a tad bit overcooked for your taste. I have no complaints though. The bacon salt more than made up for the slightly overcooked steaks.

Montgomery, AL
“Nicely located restaurant”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The Boa restaurant is in a central location in Santa Monica and has a nice variety of inside and outside seating. The staff was friendly and the service efficient. The food, however, did not justify the prices. I had the “chop chop” salad (good), a prime strip (mediocre), and sautéed spinach (very good). The wine selection was good and reasonably priced. It was the steak that was disappointing: I had ordered it medium rare, but it varied from well done to rare, was somewhat tough, and lacked in the flavor normally found in prime steaks. On a steak scale of 1-5, I would rate this one as a 3. As someone told me, however, the steaks may not be great at Boa but they are the best in Santa Monica. I cannot verify the statement, but if it is true, there may be a great opportunity for someone or some chain—unless Santa Monicans are mostly vegetarians. I doubt if I would go to Boa on the next trip.