“Excellent steaks, drinks and sides”
Review of Boa Steakhouse

Boa Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Boa Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 719 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Ocean Avenue
Description: BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary steakhouse, serving classic steakhouse fare with a twist. Urbanite modern setting where food and service are top notch and the ambiance is relaxed and fashionable. If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Boa has it all, though you certainly pay for. The steaks are fantastic and finished perfectly, the drinks are generous and well-prepared, and the sides are outstanding. Definitely worth it if your pocketbook can afford it.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Amazing steak, loved the fries with truffles and cheese, good portions, service attentive and good wine reccommendations; the ambience and the vibe, location perfect... valet service fast and good value... simply a great night and willd definitely come back.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We ate here on the first night of our visit. I was desperate for a good American steak house, and this looked to fit the bill. The service was friendly and fast, the restaurent itself is in a good location and it's home to a very pleasent atmosphere, if a little dark inside.

I ordered what I was informed was their signature steak dish at the top of the menu, I must say it was as good a piece of steak as I've had in a while, and cooked to perfection. The food certainly gets a thumbs up as the dessert was outstanding, too. However it wants to be for what they charge, I guess good steak and service is worth it's weight in gold though.

I would definitley come back again when I'm in the area, but it wouldn't be a place to dine regularly while visiting.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

wanting to wait out the awful Halloween traffic, we decided to have dinner in Santa Monica. Boa has a great location right opposite the ocean, so we walked in and were given a nice outside table. The view was great, but the food was surprisingly average for the high prices. I had a half dozen raw oysters - one of which tasted off so out it went. For the main course I had the bone-in Kansas City filet (at a whopping $51) - it was fairly tasteless. My wife had the petite filet (emphasis on petit). We wound up adding salt and pepper to almost every bite just get some taste. True, we were offered a variety of sauces on the side - but I'm not one to dip an expensive steak. The sauteed spinach was good, but the fries were bland, not crispy - they should have been allowed to get brown. Hate to nitpick, but at those prices, "average" should not be on the menu. "Boa" means "good" in Portuguese - in this case it means pricey and average.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I ate at Boa back in May so my review is a bit tardy. If you eat at Boa, bring lots of money. It's not cheap. It is, however, worth every dime you pay.

We both started with Caeser Salad. It was supposed to be made "at table side", but given that the cart isn't small enough to fit down the aisles what that really means that it's made in the front of the restaurant, somewere far from your table, In our case it was behind me and 20 feet away, so while my wife could see it, I could not.

For mains I had a medium rare Ribeye while my wife had a medium well filet. Both were exceptional cuts of aged beef and cooked perfectly. My wife still says it's the best steak she's ever eaten. For sides we had roasted corn and a 3 pea dish (garden, snap, and one other type), and smashed potatoes. All were absolutely outstanding.

I'd highly recommend Boa. If we lived in LA it would be a semi-regular stop, great for special occasions or more formal nights out, but a bit expensive to be the weekly regular.