“BOA”
Review of Boa Steakhouse

Boa Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Boa Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Ocean Avenue
Description: BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary steakhouse, serving classic steakhouse fare with a twist. Urbanite modern setting where food and service are top notch and the ambiance is relaxed and fashionable. If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

we came early, they let us to seat at bar, we had couple of bears, and then they open restaurant.
We had 40 days aged New York Strip and wine by glass.
Best peace of meet I ate on this trip to US.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a nice place to eat in the middle of the week. We came across Boa. when we walked in it wasn't busy but they asked if we had a reservation. We did not so they put us in the bar to eat. i was not pleased at all. they didn't ask if we wanted to wait for a table they just stuck us in the bar. i was less than pleased especially throughout the the whole time we were there the dining area never filled up and there were plenty of empty tables. To me that just showed how snooty of a place this is. the dress attire throughout the restaurant was casual,however we were dressed in business attire. But don't turn your nose up at me because I don't have a reservation on a less than busy night. Sit me down at a big persons table not a cocktail table. It would have been different if it was super busy and they gave me the option to wait or go the bar. the patio area was crowded but we didn't ask to sit there.
As far as the food and service went. those 2 areas were great. Our server was very sweet. The food was served within a decent time and it was incredibly good. I ordered the cotton candy for dessert and to my surprise it was a HUGE portion.
i don't think I will be going back here again. That first impression really rubbed me the wrong way.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great food, service OK, they did treat us to a complimentary birthday dessert. We had early evening reservation so was fairly quiet and laid back, but place was a total zoo (crowded, noisy) by the time we left.

1  Thank JRSTravel
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

The service, fine wine, view, and steaks are superb! Each item we selected was perfectly described by our waiter and he did not disappoint. Save room for dessert and you'll find a few treats. Keep up the great work.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife, daughter and I dropped by quite early for dinner one evening in July and were seated in the more casual area. I quickly realised this was a very popular venue as the queue soon formed outside. On that basis I would recommend making a reservation.

Expensive? This is always a relative term in my opinion. It is toward the upper end of the scale in terms of eating out but it is a very good restaurant. The food itself isn't as expensive as the wine in my opinion. I'll come to that.

You would expect a steakhouse to cook good steak and it does. Overall all the food was of good quality and very well cooked. Service too was as I would expect from a restaurant of this standing; Discreet yet attentive. An impromptu serving of a birthday cake for my daughter was most welcome and demonstrates the level of attention given by the staff.

There was an extensive and comprehensive wine selection available. This catered for most budgets but in my opinion was weighted more toward the upper end of the scale. That said, as it is a good restaurant, I believe you would struggle to order a bad bottle. A modestly priced Rioja proved to better than expected and almost tempted me to defeat the object entirely and order a second bottle!

The different seating areas in the restaurant seemed to offer different atmospheres from open group dining to more intimate and the location on Ocean Ave is great if you wanted to have a walk out after dinner.