“Amazing Steak”
Review of Boa Steakhouse

Boa Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Boa Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 689 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Ocean Avenue
Description: BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary steakhouse, serving classic steakhouse fare with a twist. Urbanite modern setting where food and service are top notch and the ambiance is relaxed and fashionable. If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Steak”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Coming from Australia i has high expectations and thought i wouldn't find a steak as good as home. I was wrong. By far the best steak i have had. Kobe beef was mouthwatering. Cocktails were great as well. Would definitely recommend

Visited August 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Expensive but enjoyed it more than Disneyland!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I topped off a weekend visiting the Santa Monica/Malibu with a fantastic meal at Boa Santa Monica. After an afternoon of exploring the Getty Villa Malibu free of charge I splurged and ate what turned out to be the best meal of 12 day west coast trip at Boa. Santa Monica can be reached from LAX hotels for only $1 each way by Big Blue Bus. A meal at Boa cost about the same as a weekend night at the LAX Marriott but in my opinion it is worth it.
A loaded baked potato will set you back $11 but it may be the best baked potato I ever ate. The boned in ribeye was delicious as was the desert. Total bill before tax about $75 with no salad or alcohol. This place is expensive but the food great as is the service and the location...... right on Ocean Drive. I'll have to save up to go back but will saver the memories of the great food. If I lived in LA this would be the place I'd wanna go on special occasions. If visitors are looking for one incredible LA dining experience this is it. Dress is casual and atmosphere is hip.

Waterford, New York
“Yum”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Brought my husband here while we were on vacation. Didn't realize we should have reservations, but they were kind enough to seat us anyway. My husband had the 40 day aged NY Strip and couldn't say enough about it. He swears it's the best he's ever had. I had the rib eye and a baked potato. I've never seen such a huge potato!! The steak was the 2nd best I've ever had. Definitely recommend this resturant, but would make reservations. Staff was really awesome, too.

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We skipped the appetizers and went straight for the mains to save some room for desserts. I had the 40 day dry aged New York Strip wich was made perfectly to my liking and was full av flavor. My company had the petite filé mignon that she loved and also prefectly done. We had the peppercorncause as well as the bearnaise but the steaks was so good that we barely touched the sauce (that was great too). The sides we shared was the roasted garlic mashed potatos that was creamy and packed with flavor and the chipotle and lime topped with parmesan. Ive never been a cornlover but this wonderful little side changed my perspective. It was ooooh so good!!

To round it off we had the chocolate cake and the pannacotta. Both where good but at this stage we where both so full of steak delight that we barely could finish it.

Service was fast and efficient. Would come back in the future.

• Visited September 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pricey .. but great steak!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

If I had to choose between Ruth Chris and Boa .. Id go with Boa!! Pricey Pricey Pricey - just like Ruth Chris .. BUT waaayyyy better steak!! Had a wonderful steak .. loved the roasted garlic and rosemary on the side that I could freely spread on my steak. Also their selection of sauces or ways to cook your steak are amazing. I went for the chimmichurri sauce .. yummmmy!! Had sides of asparagus and french fries ... both just perfect!! The desserts looked yummy but just had no room. Service was attentive and not at all pretentious .. friendly actually. Atmopshere is great with a hip vibe and the back ground music I actually liked!! After saving a bit - I will be back!! No booze and with tip - for 3 people - our tab was $230. Expensive little dinner. But happy we did it!