“Inexpensive place to stay though you get what you pay for”

Travelodge Santa Monica
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed May 19, 2007

I stayed here for a night because a close friend was graduating from UCLA and I didn't feel like making a 3 hour drive back home after the ceremony and dinner.

I didn't do much here except sleep really. I checked in and went to my room in the afternoon which was uneventful. The room is fairly spacious with one king bed.

The room was just one open area with a bathroom on the side. There was really no closet area but there was space to hang and store clothes. It's not the typical hotel where you have a small hall when you walk in.

My room had a window which looked into the parking lot where I parked my car. I found it useful for throwing my luggage through than dragging it back through the front.

The bathroom is small and the floor is linoleum which was a bit unexpected but for this price point I guess it shouldn't be unexpected. The sink was in the room instead of inside the bathroom which was a bit strange.

The towels they provide, unless they've changed in the past 3 years, are not that great. They are fairly small and not that soft though they are clean. The bath towels were about half the size of the bath towels and a bit bigger than the hand towels I'm accustomed to using at home. You may want to consider brining your own.

• Stayed: May 2004, traveled solo
1  Thank ekincam

Reviewed May 13, 2007

I thought this place was a great deal. For a great price I got a big room complete with kitchenette in a secure courtyard (perfect for a lone female like me). OK, as people have stated the beds are quite hard but I found them comfortable and it was quite close to the road(get a room towards the back). I stayed here for two nights before moving on to a hotek 4x more expensive and the more expensive one was without the free breakfast, internet and parking. Definately better value for money at the travelodge.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank CatD77
Reviewed April 22, 2007

We only stayed for one night (non-smoking, two full beds) but I’m so thankful it wasn’t longer. I felt like I was sleeping on the box spring or the floor. The beds were HORRIBLE. The room itself was nice
and clean. The shower had mold all over the ceiling. The location is great and even though it’s located on a main road we didn’t hear the traffic at all. All-in-all I wouldn’t stay there again. The bed was just so horrible I couldn’t sleep. Not something that can be overlooked since the reason for getting a hotel room is to have some place to crash for the night.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cali_2000
its_me_in_us, General Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2007

Dear Guests:
We are sorry that you had a bad experience regarding the beds. Our beds are new and they are specifically made for hotels, therefore they are firmer than regular bed. We do our best to make our guests comfortable and satisfied with our services.
Regards:
Management,
Santa Monica Pico Travelodge

Reviewed April 17, 2007

We stayed 4 nights and would definitely book this hotel again. It was clean, quiet, comfortable, and more than we expected for the price. Be sure to ask for a Courtyard room. Ours had granite countertops, a kitchenette w/ microwave, refrig, coffee maker, and ice cream table & chairs. We had a king-sized bed and wireless internet access. The continental breakfast was not elaborate, but certainly adequate.
The hotel staff were very competent and caring. We accidently left our camera at the front desk when checking in, and within minutes the desk clerk knocked on our door and asked if the camera belonged to us. We were impressed! We also enjoyed browsing at the Trader Joe's right across the street.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank CShelty
Reviewed April 11, 2007

We're from the UK. My daughter and I have just returned from a one week stay at the Travelodge Pico Boulevard. We had a fabulous holiday visiting my son at UCLA and the whole experience was made even better by being at the Travelodge. The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful all the time. The room was brilliant, the beds exceptionally comfortable and the housekeeping was terrific - bed linen and towels were excellent quality, changed EVERY day and the room left immaculate each time. In Europe you would have to pay expensive prices for the services received at Pico Boulevard but this was exceptionally well priced quality accommodation. We stayed in the gated courtyard area - an absolute delight for two females staying alone in an area they don't know - very secure and quite delightful with plants and seating, lit at night too so it looked good all day. The complimentary breakfast was well presented, fresh and good quality, varied each day and provided a great start for a day sight-seeing or travelling - just what we needed! Well done Travelodge Pico Boulevard and thank you for such a lovely stay. We would certainly want to book with you again if we are ever lucky enough to return to Los Angeles.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank UKCrawfords
Reviewed March 18, 2007

First class hotel that is cared for, everything was clean and tidy.
We thought it was good value for money, comfortable and pleasant staff. No wonder it has won awards. Would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerBristolUK
Reviewed March 11, 2007

I highly recommend this hotel for those who are on a budget and want a hotel centrally located between the beach and all the tourist-y areas of LA. We stayed in the jacuzzi suite, which included a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. It was roomy and comfortable and there's a charming little courtyard between two of the buildings. Also, parking was FREE!
There's a couple of great cafes within walking distance that are great for breakfast and lunch (UnUrban and Daisy Cafe). I will definitely stay here next time!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple