Travelodge Santa Monica
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$199
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$259
$385
$237
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel(Santa Monica)
$584
$490
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$376
$359
Orbitz.com
2,075 results
All reviewstrader joespico blvdtravel lodgepancake machinefree parkinggated courtyardupper westcourtyard roomfree breakfasthard boiled eggsno elevatorthe breakfast areayogurtfridge and microwavesmall kitchenbig blue busclean hotel
Reviewed August 5, 2006

My daughter and I took a trip to Santa Monica as a little vacation to the beaches. I found the hotel on the web and after much searching decided to book it as it was fairly close to the beach without the beach pricing. Check In was smooth and our room was decent, although it had a little musty smell to it. We stayed for 5 nights and it was very comfortable. The traffic on Pico Blvd was a bit noisy on Saturday night, but was fairly quiet on the other nights. The beds were decent and our room had a small sitting area with a kitchen sink and small refridgerator. The continental breakfast each morning was great, except for the area it is served in is very small and hard to manuver in. It would also be nice if they added things such as bananas and bagels with cream cheese, although there is not alot of space for many more items. There was plenty of parking even when we got back to the hotel after 10pm. We could always find a space. The front desk staff was professional but not overly friendly. The only problem we had was our tv remote did not work and it never got fixed even after I reported it to the front desk. Not a big deal since we did not spend very much time in our room watching tv. Overall, I would stay here again. It was a clean and comfortable room fairly close to the beach and downtown Santa Monica and it did not break the bank.

Stayed: July 2006
7  Thank torrihoward
Reviewed July 15, 2006

Beware of late bookings!

I'm so angry at this hotel. I called up tonight (Saturday) to make a last-minute reservation for 4 of us. Since we were going to be arriving pretty late (11pm) and driving 2 hours to actually get there, I thought it best to confirm room availability beforehand.

I shouldn't have bothered.

After being told that they DID have a room available, and reserving it in my name, you can imagine the pleasure I felt when I arrived at the check-in desk to be told by the ignorant gentleman behind it that no such reservation existed.

And of course, they were full.

I was also called a liar, and told that "if I had made the reservation, I would have received a confirmation number".

I informed him that I had told the receptionist that I would be arriving at 11pm, and that I had made the reservation from a restaurant. He then had the cheek to tell me that I should have booked the room and checked in before I ate, with it being a Saturday.

WTF?!

A booking is a booking. They blatently gave my room away because someone offered cash for it before the time I was scheduled to get there.

No sympathy was given, just a constant reiteration that "they were booked, and there is nothing that could be done about it".

Luckily, at about 1am this morning, I finally found a nice little motel open just outside of Santa Monica that was half the price, and twice as friendly.

I won't be staying at this place in the future, and would certainly recommend anyone book well in advance and call up to confirm that they haven't forgotten about you, or sold the room you reserved!

Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank LeeJB
A TripAdvisor Member
Duisburg/Germany
Reviewed July 6, 2006

The rooms were clean and spacious. Free wifi internet available. Service was O.K., breakfast too (coffee, toasted bread, juices, tee, fruits...). Free parking with plenty of spaces. Within walking distance is Trader Joe's.
The Pico Boulvd. itself - as advertised in glossy brochures - is far from being eclectic, rather disappointing.
The area seemed to be pretty safe.
Overall, we liked staying there - even more if it had not cost almost 100$ per night... maybe someone else can find better deals than we did?!

• Stayed: October 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2006

We read many reviews and found it to be great as well! The only thing missing is the pool!!! Right next door to Trader Joe's our favorite grocery store, and right across the street from Violet a great restaurant.

Reviewed May 26, 2006

I moved to this hotel from the Holiday Inn Express in Lawndale. The room was recently updated and very comfortable. It is about 2 miles from Santa Monica beach and 3 miles from Venice Beach. The parking is a little tight, I would not want to park my personal car in the narrow parking, but I had a rental that wedged right in. I will be back on my next trip. Very good pricing for the area.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business