Travelodge Santa Monica
$413
$399
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$189
$220
$143
ComfortInn
Good 3.5/5
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
$531
$525
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
2,070 results
All reviewstrader joespico blvdtravel lodgepancake machinefree parkinggated courtyardupper westcourtyard roomfree breakfasthard boiled eggsno elevatorthe breakfast areayogurtfridge and microwavesmall kitchenbig blue busclean hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2009

When we decided to go to Santa Monica we wanted to stay as close to the beach as possible. Unfortunately, the Travelodge on the beach has been rated a one star. And based on the reviews we were not about to stay there. So we found this one. No it wasnt on the beach but it was just a quick drive. I loved having Trader Joe's next door. Although we were not in the room much during the day I thought the stay was just fine. The staff could us a little customer service class. I do want to note that the housekeeping staff were so nice and helpful. Room was'nt dirty nor the bathroom. Also you order new movies which is cool!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweeteuphoria1
Reviewed February 15, 2009

Stayed one night to attend a seminar.
My pet friendly room was bright and very clean.
The staff was very kind and gracious.
East access to everything I needed.
Having FREE offstreet parking in West LA is awesome!

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank meandpip
Reviewed February 3, 2009

I went to Santa Monica on business for 3 weeks and had to make my own accommodations. I booked through the Travelodge website and got a room in the courtyard for $89/night. Clean room with fridge/microwave and 42 inch flat screen TV. Free parking was a plus as well as the continental breakfast. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and pleased.

The only negatives; The walls were somewhat thin, I heard some mumbling and at random times I heard people walking above, but it wasn't enough to warrant a problem. I just needed a place to sleep, shower and fix a quick meal if need be. This room fit the bill more than adequately.

Santa Monica shopping etc. is only 2 miles away and the beach just a couple of blocks beyond that. Everything you could ever imagine to eat as well as 'mall type' shopping and movie theatres etc. The Santa Monica pier is worth a look, too. Beautiful sunset. The bike path running north and south from the pier is also worth a look. I had a blast riding north to Will Rogers State Park and south to Marina Del Rey. There are FREE parking garages in Santa Monica, make sure you search for them as most places are $3-$7 to park.

LA traffic stinks, but I never had a problem in the Santa Monica area. Going to different places in LA, esp. if you have to get on the freeway, just prepare to go slow. The entrance to the freeway is only a block away, so that is a plus I guess.

There are definitely 'nicer' places to stay in the area, but for the money, this is worth a look for sure.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank rockstar89
Reviewed January 21, 2009

We stayed here for three nights after reading a review and the hotel website which claimed the hotel was ten minutes from Santa Monica. I have to agree with another review that it is at leat 15 minutes by bus or car. The hotel itself is clean, and offers a great continental breakfast and laundry facilities. We requested a courtyard room which is much nicer than those in the other block as there is a nice garden area to sit out in. The walls were paper thin and therefore quite noisy. If you are tight on cash then I would recommend this hotel as the bus into town is less than a dollar, however if you can afford to spend a bit more I would go for one of the hotels nearer to Santa Monica boulevard as the parking at the beach is quite pricey.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2009

Stayed at the Travelodge in Jan 09, it is ony 10 mins to the beach but as it has already been mentioned that is driving not walking. It is easy to get a 'Blue Bus' from the hotel to the beach for about 75c and it leaves every 10 mins. The hotel was very clean and hotel room was quite large.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mill5house