“Super clean rooms with very comfortable beds!”

Travelodge Santa Monica
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were told that the hotels outside were under construction.
When I open the door to our suite, a fresh clean scent met us!
The service from check in to check out was great. Continental breakfast was clean well stocked. Apple and orange juice, cereal , boiled eggs toast and bagels, orange and banana.
I loved that our room had a fridge and microwave .

The area was good, parking was a bit tight when we come back late but we always found something ! We will look for this place for our next visit!
Close to the pier with a car.. 5 mins.

• Stayed: February 2014
BobbySmtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we did during your recent visit to Santa Monica. The good this is the stay was to your liking despite all the renovations. We strive every day to provide clean comfortable rooms and exceptional service. We hope you visit us again soon.
Update: Construction in building 1 & 2 is fully complete. Now serving breakfast in our newly remodeled large dining area

Write a ReviewReviews (2,050)

Reviewed February 15, 2014

The room was very spacious and clean with everything I needed and more. The staff efficient and helpful. Located on a direct bus route to the beach or easy parking if you have a vehicle. There is a supermarket next door and the area is very good to walk around. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank ValerieO2575
BobbySmtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We appreciate your feedback regarding our location and friendly staff. I am also pleased to know you found our décor to be clean and comfortable as I understand how important comfort can be when traveling. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We stayed here two nights on 3 & 4th Feb. The hotel is under renovation but we got a room in another building which was not under renovation. We booked a standard King room and what we got I think was a suite as it had a kitchenette and all the amenities which were nice. Our bed was so comfortable we overslept both mornings.
I particularly enjoyed the cleanliness of the room, bathroom, sheets and towels. Cleanliness is a big deal for me and I always make sure I take my own towels with me but here I did not need to use mine.

The staff are really polite, helpful and friendly. The gentleman at the front desk on Feb 5th morning helped us a lot with the problem we were facing about our rental car company.

The only problem was that wifi did not work at all during the both nights we stayed there. In general, we were happy with the hotel and its value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bluerose6021

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your visit to Santa Monica. We appreciate your kind words and are pleased you enjoyed all the conveniences that we have to offer. . We hope that we exceed your expectations on your next trip to Santa Monica. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Nice staff and good location in Santa Monica. The price was nice, as well, at $116 per night, not counting the taxes. Always ask for the AAA rate in advance.

The room was clean and noise was minimal. Breakfast was of the non-cooked variety, but good. Parking was minimal, but I still managed to dock my giant Silverado truck in the lot.

By foot, Trader Joe's is right next door. By foot or bike, Santa Monica College is ~1 mile west.

I was disappointed to find no refrigerator in my room, but I should have asked about this feature before booking.

Overall, my experience at the Santa Monica Travel Lodge was very good!

Dave

Room Tip: Try to get a room adjacent to the garden area, assuming renovations are complete.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We appreciate your positive review of our hotel. Our staffs always try to be as helpful and accommodating as possible. Hope to see you again on your next trip to our hotel.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Stayed one night and really enjoyed the service I received from the hotel staff. The great service started at check-in and continued throughout my stay. The room was very clean and the bed was extra comfortable. Note that the hotel is currently undergoing a renovation, but it never interfered with my stay in any way. Look forward to Staying again on my next trip to Santa Monica.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is really important to us as we use your comments as learning opportunities. Our team strives to ensure that each of our guests is provided with excellent service .Thank you again for being our guests and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I booked this hotel because I would be arriving at LAX from London at a time of evening that precluded me from getting a domestic flight to my final destination of SFO. This hotel is perfect for that, because it's inexpensive, so you're not wasting money on fancy facilities that you'll be too tired (and getting up too early) to utilise. At the moment the hotel feels pretty low-budget because they're repainting much of the interior. The corridors smelled of fresh paint and the hotel room doors had temporary numbers taped to the doors. However, the insides of the rooms are OK - this definitely ain't the Ritz, to be sure - but what pleased me the most was that the bed was really good. After a long flight that is all you really care about. The black-out curtains were good, but do not run all the way to the floor, so I had to lean the back of the desk chair against the curtain to stop the streetlight outside my window streaming in between the window-sill and the wavering curl of the curtain hem (if that makes sense). The breakfast area has been touched up and repainted, apparently. I didn't think much of the continental breakfast - bagels, bread, sachet-spreads, a couple of 6-slice toasters, coffee pots and some cereal - and a tumbler full of boiled eggs and a bowl of bananas and little tangerines. The free newspapers were a nice touch.

The front desk staff were excellent, really courteous and polite and obviously making a genuine effort to give friendly, great service.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that's away from the streets - i.e. 31st, 32nd and Pico Blvd. Street noise of...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Smashingly
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This Travelodge had everything we needed for a one night stop over. The room set up was quite efficient with a desk, small dining table with chairs, safe, microwave and refrigerator. The staff was very friendly and the room clean. In all, nothing fancy but had everything we could need.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
BobbySmtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

We appreciate your kind words and are pleased you enjoyed all the conveniences that we have to offer. We strive everyday to provide clean comfortable rooms and exceptional customer service. Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to seeing you again.