“Excellent Value”

Travelodge Santa Monica
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This Travelodge is convenient - a few minutes from a Trader Joe's, and across the street from Caprice Pastries, as well as near the I-10. We had a clean, spacious room for four within the locked gate area. The bathroom is very nice, and stocked with name-brand toiletries. The young man cleaning the area is friendly and gave restaurant recommendations when asked. The front desk staff are efficient and pleasant. The breakfast area is small, but there are trays so that the breakfast items (bagels, cereal, fruit, and more) can be taken to the room. Parking and wifi are free.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
smtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Santa Monica. We are pleased that your trip was a success. Please come stay with us again.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,050)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed for three nights at the Travelodge on a business trip to L.A.

I chose this hotel partly because of its location (just a few hundred yards from both the 10 and 405 highways, so very convenient to get going in the morning), and also after reading some pretty nice reviews about it.

Getting there was fairly easy, and I did receive a genuinely warm welcome from the staff.
I was given room 317 which was nice - it looks like rooms in the 300's are better, for they are located in a separate block of buildings, closed with a fence. There's outside seating space and even barbecues for the guests to use.

The area around the hotel is rather pleasant, with a few restaurants to chose from in the evening. There seems to be a bus taking you to the beach area, too.

The room itself was pretty nice and spacious, with a desk, kitchen space and bathroom.
Breakfast, parking and internet access were all included, which is always great - no hidden fees or surprises whatsoever.
Breakfast selection was sufficient - even though they only use plastic utensils, which is not very environment-friendly.

I found the bed / pillows to be not-so-comfortable and did have trouble finding some sleep on all three nights.
Walls were pretty thin, so I could also hear all what was happening in the rooms around me & outside.

Overall I think this hotel is a good value, especially for a short stay & business purposes.
I found it above average when comparing it to other motels I had a chance to stay at, and I would consider coming back here, most likely for one or two nights only.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind words. We will look into the pillows and make sure that the bed and pillow comfort are a priority. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for a few nights in April 2013. I didn't want to spent a fortune since when I was there I really just needed a bed and clean room. The price was right however I thought the location of this hotel was going to be a pain but there's a big blue bus that runs from right outside the hotel that takes you to the pier/promenade which costs $1 and runs every 15 minutes so the location is not really an issue. The free breakfast in the morning exceeded my expectations - I'm vegetarian so it fitted my needs perfectly.
I actually found this place such good value I returned and stayed here again for a night before I got my flight home. If you want a clean & friendly place and don't mind a 5-10 minute bus ride to the beach then I'd recommend it.
Plus if you're there on a Monday night, walk 5-10 minutes north up Pico and visit the bar called Liquid Kitty. It's their karaoke night and quite an experience.

Room Tip: I stayed once in a twin room which was separate and in the Motel section. This room had 2 large doub...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
smtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased to heat that your time in Santa Monica was a success. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great affordable hotel, especially those traveling solo or as a couple. Easy access to buses and grocery/convenience stores.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for letting us know how we did. We are very pleased that your stay was a good one. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2013