“Lovely and affordable hotel, would definitely stay there again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Santa Monica

Travelodge Santa Monica
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Santa Monica
DRESDEN NA
“Lovely and affordable hotel, would definitely stay there again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed there with two friends for two nights. Although we arrived late around 11pm there was still enough place for parking. We had booked a courtyard room which was a bit more expensive than the "normal" rooms facing the street but it was well worth it, I had a pleasant sleep without getting disturbed by the noise from the streets, although it was central Santa Monica and close to the Interstate. The rooms were clean and comfortable, absolutely nothing to critisize here. We stayed there at Halloween and the room service had put a little Halloween treat in our room during the day. Very lovely gesture, esp. for someone who isn't a US citizen and not that much into that whole Halloween hype! :) Free wifi was available, had no problem to log in but it was quite slow.

Breakfast was included in the room rate, there was toast, bagels, fruits, cerials, jam, tea and coffee. Surely enough to start your day! Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

You should be aware that the hotel isn't located within walking distance to the beach and downtown Santa Monica but by car or public transport it's only a very short ride.

If I ever travel to Santa Monica again (which will hopefully happen in the near future!) I'd stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
Capitola, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

For my birthday trip to LA this year we decided to take our dog with us. All we knew about this place was it accepted small pets. Their website is a little lintimidating and we weren't sure how it would turn out. Another thing is I'm not familiar with Santa Monica once you get a few blocks from the beach so I was hoping the neighbohood wouldn't be too bad.
Well I was wrong on all counts. First off this is the nicest travelodge property I've ever seen. Very clean and inviting. At check in the staff was so friendly and willing to be of any help. Describing how the property was laid out and the breakfast options.
There are four buildings on the property and there is one just for pets. Very well thought out, the floors are wood in these rooms, so much nicer than the carpet in most hotel rooms. All the linens and towels were first rate, I love loads of pillows and big fluffy towels. There was also a small kitchen area with a sink and refrig along with a coffee and tea maker.
Breakfast was very nice, I like hard cooked eggs with my breakfast. Also bagels, tea, coffee, juice and cereals along with some fruit. My daughter loved making her bagels with peanut butter and bananas.
The first evening was my birthday and not wanting to have to drive around LA we inquired about a good restaurant nearby and when told it was my birthday said we had to try Upper West, which is about a two minute walk up the street.
As I said I was concerned about the neighborhood before we arrived, but was happy to see its a quiet but upscale area. Trader Joe's is right next to the hotel and McCabes guitar store is right across the street, you can see some of the top acoustic acts her Fri and Sat.
Well this is our new go to place in LA, convenient to the beach and I10 to get around town. Give them a try you won't be sorry.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
smtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
WOW! That's a review. Your kind words hit well with entire the staff. We do love Pets! The hardwood floors were a nice touch. I am glad you were surprised and we look forward to seeing you and your pet again.