“Great Find- and they love pets” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Santa Monica

Travelodge Santa Monica
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Capitola, California
“Great Find- and they love pets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

For my birthday trip to LA this year we decided to take our dog with us. All we knew about this place was it accepted small pets. Their website is a little lintimidating and we weren't sure how it would turn out. Another thing is I'm not familiar with Santa Monica once you get a few blocks from the beach so I was hoping the neighbohood wouldn't be too bad.
Well I was wrong on all counts. First off this is the nicest travelodge property I've ever seen. Very clean and inviting. At check in the staff was so friendly and willing to be of any help. Describing how the property was laid out and the breakfast options.
There are four buildings on the property and there is one just for pets. Very well thought out, the floors are wood in these rooms, so much nicer than the carpet in most hotel rooms. All the linens and towels were first rate, I love loads of pillows and big fluffy towels. There was also a small kitchen area with a sink and refrig along with a coffee and tea maker.
Breakfast was very nice, I like hard cooked eggs with my breakfast. Also bagels, tea, coffee, juice and cereals along with some fruit. My daughter loved making her bagels with peanut butter and bananas.
The first evening was my birthday and not wanting to have to drive around LA we inquired about a good restaurant nearby and when told it was my birthday said we had to try Upper West, which is about a two minute walk up the street.
As I said I was concerned about the neighborhood before we arrived, but was happy to see its a quiet but upscale area. Trader Joe's is right next to the hotel and McCabes guitar store is right across the street, you can see some of the top acoustic acts her Fri and Sat.
Well this is our new go to place in LA, convenient to the beach and I10 to get around town. Give them a try you won't be sorry.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
smtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
WOW! That's a review. Your kind words hit well with entire the staff. We do love Pets! The hardwood floors were a nice touch. I am glad you were surprised and we look forward to seeing you and your pet again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am writing this review from my very cosy bed, in my second floor bedroom on the first night of my stay because I am just that compelled to express my appreciation for the outstanding service and hospitality I was greeted with at Travelodge Santa Monica after a long haul flight and shuttle ride this afternoon. I have become of the mindset that the service industry is in disarray, but manager (?) Todd and his lovely staff have totally renewed my perspective on this and have inspired me to share my thoughts and of course pay it forward by recommending Travelodge to other travelers. The rooms are lovely, spacious, clean and many are equipped with a proper kitchenette which is a rarity in hotel/motel stays, especially in such a modestly priced range. The maintenance and cleaning staff tending to the pretty palm-tree courtyard on my arrival were equally helpful and sweet. I was offered so much assistance in organizing my travel and plans during my stay, even extending to after-stay service in relation to transport and rental cars etc long after I'll have switched to my next accommodation location. What true service, what a lovely unassuming gem of a motel/hotel to stay in. Breakfast is complimentary every morning, as are cookies and tea/coffee in the evening, wifi is free, public transport just across the road as well as a Trader Joe's next door and your pick of some lovely dining spots; and a quick $1 bus ride down Pico Blvd if you don't feel like the walk, to the Santa Monica hub. Just lovely all round. Thanks to the fantastic staff here; I'll be recommending Travelodge to all who are headed this way.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank NatEtty
Another review deserving of a WOW! We really appreciate your kind words. This has made our day. The "Pay it Forward" concept you mentioned is very kind as well. We look forward to you visiting us again soon.
Braeside, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the Travelodge after reading many positive reviews. We were pleased with the reception and the room which was basic but what we had expected. We were a little disappointed that there were very few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and the walk to the pier is long and through a rather sketchy neighborhood. That being said we quickly learned that the local buses run up and down Pico Blvd every 15 minutes and there were many options for meals and shopping once taking the bus. We booked an LA tour and were pleased to be picked up and dropped off at our hotel.
The breakfast area was cramped but that problem will be fixed with the new renovation. Access to a computer and free internet was also a nice extra.
For the budget-conscious traveller this hotel is a good deal.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Connie L
Topanga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I love how welcomed Dexter and I were at this very nice travelodge.
The room was tidy and perfecft for pup and I.
Devi

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

smtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
We are pleased to hear that "Pup" and you were happy with our hotel. We hope this means we will see you again on your next visit to the area.
Mission Viejo, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Spent a night while doing some museum hopping. Convenient to Museum Row and the pier without spending a lot. Lite breakfast included and free parking. Free coffee and cookies throughout the day. Nice, friendly staff, especially in the office. Rooms are a bit small, but everything is clean and maintained. This is a place that I"ll keep on my list for those much needed quick get aways when I'm not wanting to put out a lot of money!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Barbara C
smtl90405, Front Office Manager at Travelodge Santa Monica, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Im so glad you found us and loyalty is what we strive for. Museum trips are the best. See you back soon.