The staff here was so NICE!!! I would rather stay in a just OK hotel with amazingly nice staff than stay in a five star with rude employees. So as far as staff goes, this place is a five star. Katie could not have been more cheerful and welcoming. But our room wasn't ready until 4-4:30 and we were pretty beat from the day so that was kind of a bummer. Then our remote had no batteries so we took it to the front and they were nice and brought us a new one but our TV didn't work period. It turned on but the channels would not change, even when we tried doing it on the side of the TV. Then my daughter wanted to take a bath, no plug and when we asked they didn't have one. I mean it's an older hotel so we get it. Also, they give you a free wifi code but it didn't work for us. :( It didn't ruin our trip. It had character and charm. We were in room 38 and the noise at night from the street was pretty rough; again not the hotels fault, just want to give you a heads up when you book. The steps down to the beach are pretty steep and might not be great for someone with disabilities or really small children that have lots of stuff to haul down. But it's close to the pier if you want to spend your time there. Parking is $38 a night which I find insane especially because we have stayed at a lot of places along the coast and never paid that much. If you're lucky though there is a lot across the street that only charges $14 and they may have some empty spots. Hotel California only has roughly 6-8 spots and it's tight. But again, in their defense they don't try to hide the fact that there are other parking options and very good about telling you where they are. So I'm just kind of eh ya know (insert shoulder shrug) about the place. Oh but yes the beds and sheets were great! I felt I should throw that in since others were commenting on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica