“A Different type of Hotel”
Review of Sea Blue Hotel

Sea Blue Hotel
Ranked #20 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This place is a little different to the normal "chain"hotel, it has a "vibe"a bit like the pier at Santa Monica, the decoration and room style is a one off, but it is a little loud due to the traffic and the design, but the price is right! So if you want to stay somewhere that is a little different and not in the normal "Shoe box room" try the Hotel California the staff are helpful and the rooms clean. It is a short walk from the main eating and shopping strip in Santa Monica, no room service.

Room Tip: Have a look at the room first as the ones at the front have road noise the ones at the back hotel no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Seddon12
The Hotel C, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for writing this review! Often guests visiting our hotel are used to the typical "chain" style. We offer guests a unique experience that cannot be found anywhere else, and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it! I'm sorry to hear there was some disturbance from the traffic, we hardly notice being here in the city, car noise is common but travelers considering our hotel - if you are a light sleeper please let us know at the time of making your reservation so we can locate you near the back of the hotel where it is quieter. We will be here when you come back to LA , be sure to come back and see us!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Super location with very helpful friendly staff. You can see the Ocean from the up stairs rooms and two minutes you are on Mussel Beach this is a must stay for anyone who wants a normal hotel room with everything that you would expect there are even some music quotes and guitars on the walls to add to the feel.
I would not hesitate to recommend this great hotel in a great part of LA 5*****

Room Tip: Upstairs Has Ocean Views
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Graham j

Thank you for compliments to the staff we may not be a 5 star hotel but we aim to provide 5 star service!! I'm happy to hear you liked the rock n roll feel extras! We are truly one of a kind!
Please come back and see us on your next trip to LA. Our perfectly located hotel will be right here waiting for you : ) You can checkout anytime you like, but you can never leave!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have used the HC for the last ten years, including short stays and monthly rentals. If you like cookie-cutter air-con box hotels this isn't the place for you. Things I like- that the reception people take time to chat to you and are helpful (one member of staff once even helped me with locating a good deal on a second hand bicycle); that the rooms have a nice feel to them; that you can see the beach and ocean from the courtyard; that you can hear the ocean at night; that you can (obviously) walk down to the beach in literally 2 minutes; that it is an easy walk to the pier and Santa Monica town center and also along the beach to Venice. Santa Monica shopping centre has acquired a bit of a fashionista feel to it in recent years but with the beach, good bus services and good places for breakfast its still a good spot in LA. As a package, the HC is good value for money. I keep coming back- as the song goes- you can check out but you can never leave. I could go on!
Henry

Room Tip: I guess you get what you pay for. Long stay apartments and suites are all fine. Otherwise I would ai...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LastLastResort
The Hotel C, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

I'm so excited to see a review written by a guest whose seen us throughout the years! We are honored to have you as one of our regulars! I was actually sitting out in the courtyard last night around sunset listening to the ocean as you described and I kept hearing screaming! It was funny cause I couldn't figure out where the faint, in the distance screams of joy were coming from, then I realized it was the piers' roller coaster riders! We are really right here!
Thank you for staying with us, and continuing to choose us for your visits to Santa Monica. We look forward to seeing you again sooner than later. You can checkout anytime you like, but you can never leave

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I want to start by saying that I found this location online and really enjoyed the view of Santa Monica Beach. I was curious and called and spoke to the manger cause I had a few questions. I am currently in town on business and wanted to compare prices. I spoke with Alexandria the general manager and she answered all my questions. She offered to give me a great deal. Her customer.service was so superb I changed my hotel and stayed with Hotel California for the entire week. I really enjoyed the friendly staff and enjoyed the manager Alexandria. She have me a tour of the property and an excellent rate of 189 per night, which was 50% less than what i was paying.Overall the place was five stars and reasonable for your average American seeking a excellent lodging experience.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Adrin26

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are ecstatic to read you thought so highly of our hotel and staff! Come back and see us anytime- hopefully next time for leisure instead of business! :)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Leave Corporate living at home, put on your flip flops and enjoy the relaxing atmosphone at Hotel California. It was so relaxing, right on the beach and a complete joy! The Hotel was in walking distance to the pier/beach, restaurants and shopping. I really loved the verandas, walkways and beautiful flowers everywhere. Small and quaint, big on personality! The pictures online are exactly as you'll find it! Can't wait to go back! Thanks, Mike and everyone!

Room Tip: There was not air-conditioning, but they were looking at installing it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Julie B

We are so happy to hear our hotel was a "complete joy" for you! The flowers just bloomed in time for you to enjoy :) Thank you for choosing the Hotel California for your visit to Santa Monica, and for writing us such a nice review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had a great experience at this place. The staff was incredibly helpful. The cottages are on a walk street that is a stone throw from the awesome beach and pier. I highly recommend it!! One night I needed an Ambulance and they totally helped me out. My dad came out to visit and he loved is too. This place was exactly what I needed for the month.
Jill

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jill R
The Hotel C, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Blue Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience staying with us! Thank you for highly recommending us ! We hope you are feeling much better! So sweet of you to post us a review months later, glad to see we made a lasting good impression :) Be sure to come back and see us soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The hotel that doesn't feel like a hotel. The room was spacious and not decorated like a hotel room. Hard wood floor, guitars, surfboards, pictures, all the nice little things you would put in your apartment. Hawaiian style. Perfect hangout. The way down to the beach - just footsteps. The hotel California is the way to experience California lifestyle.

Room Tip: Room number 35 is perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marc O

Thank you for this awesome review!!! We are so happy to hear you appreciate all the little things we've done to make our guests' experience here, amazing. I'm happy to hear it didn't feel like a hotel, as we strive to make you feel at home :) Be sure to come back and hang out with us next time you find yourself in Cali! You can check-out of the Hotel California any time you like, But you can never leave!